Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Kotaku: “…nice to have a game of this depth and variety in my pocket.”
“My name is Henry Blake, once a proud officer in England’s Royal Navy. Now I stand a shattered man. Betrayed, imprisoned, my fiancée taken away, I have now found my freedom - and soon I shall find my revenge.”
Take on the role of Henry Blake, a broken man whose life was stripped away, and help in his quest for justice and revenge. Climb, jump and sneak your way through diverse settings to reach your target and strike down adversaries. Use your deadly fighting skills and the combo-based combat system to defeat your nemesis and anyone else who gets in your way. Roam freely across a huge island and gaze upon its magnificent full-3D environments and experience the feeling of an immersive, realistic world around you thanks to impressive character interactions with true-to-life voice effects.
AN UNPRECEDENTED AND ORIGINAL BLOCKBUSTER FOR iOS GAMERS
• Discover a blockbuster production with the best graphics, an unprecedented story & endless content.
• Experience an action-packed adventure with open environments, deep combat, platforming and more.
WITNESS A DARK AND ACTION-PACKED TALE OF TREASON AND REVENGE
• Become a rogue killer with nothing left to live for but vengeance on those who betrayed him.
• Use agility, strength and cunning to get the drop on your target, eliminate them quickly and escape.
• Master the combo-based combat system to slay anyone standing between you and your prey.
FOR THE 1ST TIME ON iOS, EXPLORE A BEAUTIFUL 18TH CENTURY CARIBBEAN ISLAND
• Experience an immersive world through impressive character interactions and lifelike voice effects.
• Roam across a vast island full of exotic 3D environments like jungles, beaches, a volcano and more.
• Investigate 4 unique cities to find new quests and secrets.
Warning: This game is not compatible with iPod touch 3G 8GB and older devices. Compatible with iPad 2.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
One of the best iPad games I ever bought.
This is one of the better, if not the best iPad games I ever bought. The game can get a bit glitchy at times, but not so much that it takes away from the game experience. It has an amazing lot line and a lot of side quests. The game will keep you occupied for hours on end. It draws a lot of focus to the combat system, which is almost flawless. I say almost because 1. No game is ever perfect 2. The way you use ranged weapons can get annoying when you want to change weapons. Also there is a wide assortment of weapons you can buy and upgrade. I just wish you could upgrade armor (if you can upgrade armor and I missed it, please tell me). Climbing can get a bit frustrating at times if you do not hold the camera at just the right angle. Also, I do not like that when you accidentally walk I to a guard you immediately have a "wanted" level and you get bombarded with waves of guards trying to kill you. They are easy to kill, but they are annoying. My advice, get to the nearest safe house, fast. There are a wide variety of towns, cities, and landscape all with very fine detail for an iPad game. I say for am iPad game because it's not what you will find on a HD flat screen tv. Overall I would give it a 9.8 out of 10.
Fun for a bit but...
Well honestly it gets pretty repetitive pretty quickly, the game is also very buggy/glitchy ( iphone 4) to the point where it's pretty annoying. Characters (including yourself) get stuck in walls or floors at times, the voice acting is just sad, the combat is stale and repetitive, and the controls... Well let's just say they fail when u need them most. How many times do I have to fall from a high ledge and die because the controls aren't responding??? The storyline is well... Interesting to say the least, not horrible but nothing spectacular either. Mechanically Feels like a washed up mobile version of Assassins Creed. It was on sale for .99 when I got it so not to big a waste but 6.99 is absurd. Don't get me wrong it can be fun at times, but it has also proven to be a pain in the a$@. I give 3 stars only because I am a fan of gameloft owning probably 7 or 8 of their games which I love. Although Despite their efforts and what they were going for I feel this was a failed attempt. They can and have done much better. Had it been another developer I would have given 2 stars. The verdict? Enjoyable? Possibly... Worth 6.99? Hellz no! I say wait till it goes on sale for .99 to see for yourself. No need to rush, your not missing out on much.
A Stab in the Back from Gameloft?
First, let me say that I think Gameloft games are great. Titles like N.O.V.A. 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem have firmly established Gameloft as king of iOS action games.
So why a three-star review of a Gameloft game with an intriguing story and an open world, 18-century pirate setting?
First, what I enjoyed:
1. Open world (really cool)
2. Interesting story
3. Nice voice acting
Now, what I didn't like:
1. Over-the-top gore. Fine, a realistic level of blood is O.K., but do guards really have to shoot out a pint of blood every time you slash them? Oh, and you can kill random citizens, to.
2. Foul language. I didn't play very far into the game (O.K., go ahead and criticize me), but that was really an unappreciated element.
Which brings me to my last point. In "Backstab," you can solicit prostitutes. In my experience (ugh), they lead you to a dark corner uttering suggestive phrases and then attempt to kill and rob you (with the help of a few thugs). This is really uncalled for. Oh, did I mention the excessive cleavage and bared legs?
Gameloft, you really let me down. Next time, take a clue from Sid Meiers and give me a rollicking adventure on the high seas, complete with chivalry and good swordsmanship. I'll be waiting!
- Category: Games
- Released: Jun 23, 2011
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 613 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2011 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo and Backstab are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).