The Journal Gazette and the Times-Courier provides continually updating news, sports and more local information in this application for Charleston and Mattoon, Illinois.
Now runs on the iPad® as well as the iPhone™ and iPod Touch®
• See the latest news, photos, and video on local topics including politics, sports and more.
• Share stories with your friends via email or Twitter
• Save stories to a reading list for offline viewing
• Receive notifications of breaking news
• Easily access the very latest news from broad categories
• Search through thousands of articles stored in the JG-TC database
The app no longer requires a login to access a premium content section.
Branding, minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s always great to have local news on your phone!
Used to like this app...
I have used this app for several years, loved being able to read the news on the go. Then, someone changed a bunch of stuff around. Now most of the articles are about sports. Then, I couldn't read the obituaries or any other sections because I wasn't a "premium member" (or something like that). The last straw was the last time I opened the app. I couldn't open anything or scroll because every three seconds, an ad would try to pop up. I got frustrated and deleted the app. Now I just buy the paper or watch the news. Worthless app.
It tends to freeze, lag, or shut down. I'm assuming, it's because of the forced ad pop ups. Other than that it seems to be a great app, when it works.
- Lee Enterprises Inc.
- 19.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2011 JG-TC.com
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.