By Black Mana Studios
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
50% DISCOUNT - LIMITED TIME
Write novels, short stories, or articles with Manuscript – a simple, powerful app that organizes your ideas, plot lines, and character summaries. By utilizing a few simple steps, you will grow your manuscript from an initial idea to a complete ePub formatted novel that is ready to publish on Apple's iBooks or Amazon's Kindle.
This is what MacWorld.com had to say about Manuscript writing methodology:
"I found this approach impressively practical. It’s broad enough not to feel creatively confining, and Manuscript lets you easily skip any and all of these steps if you just want to start writing."
And about our video and FAQ:
"Manuscript also boasts an excellent and thorough 10-minute video tutorial, and a surprisingly good FAQ that provides sound advice to help you find a literary agent and get your novel published. Some of its information, including links and pricing for obtaining an ISBN number for your novel, I’d never seen anywhere else."
" A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end... but not necessarily in that order." - Jean Luc Godard
For freelance writers, novelists, journalists, or bloggers, Manuscript provides an organized, clutter free environment for writing, taking notes, or brainstorming ideas. Follow the simple to use steps included within the app to take your book idea from pitch to a publication:
1. Pitch – Create your one sentence pitch that encompasses your entire novel.
2. Synopsis – Outline your entire novel, from start to ending, covering all of your characters and plot lines.
3. Chapter Outlines – Create chapter summaries for each chapter, detailing the key plot points and using your outlines as a guide for writing.
4. Publish – When your novel is complete you can export it into a Word document, PDF, or ePub format, complete with a cover page image. ePubs are the accepted format to self-publish your novel on Apple's iBooks and Amazon's Kindle store.
" The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." - Sylvia Plath
Tens of thousands of users have written novels, short stories, articles, and blog posts on the go with Manuscript for iPad and iPhone. Manuscript brings all of the features of the mobile versions to you home computer, and includes new and innovative additions that will encourage and inspire the writing process:
• Simple yet innovative interface that provides you with an uncluttered writing environment
• Full-screen mode to eliminate the background noise of incoming email or computer notifications
• Share your manuscript with other devices such as your iPhone and iPad, allowing you to continue writing even when you aren't at your computer
• Import or export an existing manuscript to Dropbox
• Use the color-coded index cards and icons to outline each scene, keep a to-do list, or create a storyboard of your entire novel
• Add, edit, reorder and summarize Chapters, never losing track or having to dig through an entire document for an idea or unfinished plot point
• Sample manuscripts are included so you can familiarize yourself with the layout and tools available within the app
• Keep track of your word count and page count
• Accessibility features make it easy to read and write: Change the font face, size, background color and foreground color. Increase or decrease the font size using the convenient slider
• Exports your manuscript to ePub format for easy self-publishing on Apple's iBooks or Amazon's Kindle
• Attach an exported ePub to an email and open the attachment on your iPad – it will open directly in iBooks
• A video tutorial built into the app can guide you through each step in the writing process
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Fixed Mountain Lion compatibility issue.
Over all I am happy with it
If I had paid full price I might not feel the same way but it is simple and suits my needs. They only thing that is really bothering me is that I cannot italisize anything! I am writing a novel and really need that feature. If I had known it did not have it I might not have bought it. So now you know before you buy
Trying hard to be Scrivener, but falls far short.
As a novelist and screenwriter, I've been putting my nose into things that could be even better than Scrivener -- so far, nothing has measured up, and that includes this app. Save your money. Scrivener may cost twice what Manuscript does, but it's worth 10 times as much. Give this app a pass, get Scrivener.
Good but could be GREAT
I rated this 4 stars. It would be 5 stars if they would implement the following suggestions.
The design of this program is elegant and excellent. It has almost everything to make it the perfect program for writers. It is crossplatform for Mac, iPad, iPhone.
Here's what it needs to be great (are you reading the suggestions Black Mana Studios?)
1. Bold, Italic, Bold Italic text. No writer writes without sometimes needing to italicize a word. And the need Bold and Bold Italic for headers. It is ludicrous not to have a program that does this.
2. Indenting. Writers sometimes need to indent things, an extract, for example (which are also usually italicized). Also hanging indents, where text is blocked after a number of bullet.
3. Bulleted/numbered lists
5. Import images (people illustrate books with images)
6. Table. Not a high priority but the ability to do tables would add a lot.
Do the above and make it so these also export in the epub and you will have a phenomenal program that will take over creating digital books. You are almost there. Put some effort into the above and you'll make a fortune. Digital publishing has taken over traditional publishing. The complain now is how to make epubs. You have ALMOST the perfect program for doing this. You are THAT close. Just finish the program. People have been asking for the above since you first published this program and you keep promising these things. Give your programs two weeks of working on Manuscript to put these things in and this program will take off. I want you to do this because i want to use this program as my main program for creating epubs.