By Black Mana Studios
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
50% DISCOUNT - LIMITED TIME
Write novels, short stories, or articles with Manuscript – a simple, powerful app that organizes your ideas, plot lines, and character summaries. By utilizing a few simple steps, you will grow your manuscript from an initial idea to a complete ePub formatted novel that is ready to publish on Apple's iBooks or Amazon's Kindle.
This is what MacWorld.com had to say about Manuscript writing methodology:
"I found this approach impressively practical. It’s broad enough not to feel creatively confining, and Manuscript lets you easily skip any and all of these steps if you just want to start writing."
And about our video and FAQ:
"Manuscript also boasts an excellent and thorough 10-minute video tutorial, and a surprisingly good FAQ that provides sound advice to help you find a literary agent and get your novel published. Some of its information, including links and pricing for obtaining an ISBN number for your novel, I’d never seen anywhere else."
" A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end... but not necessarily in that order." - Jean Luc Godard
For freelance writers, novelists, journalists, or bloggers, Manuscript provides an organized, clutter free environment for writing, taking notes, or brainstorming ideas. Follow the simple to use steps included within the app to take your book idea from pitch to a publication:
1. Pitch – Create your one sentence pitch that encompasses your entire novel.
2. Synopsis – Outline your entire novel, from start to ending, covering all of your characters and plot lines.
3. Chapter Outlines – Create chapter summaries for each chapter, detailing the key plot points and using your outlines as a guide for writing.
4. Publish – When your novel is complete you can export it into a Word document, PDF, or ePub format, complete with a cover page image. ePubs are the accepted format to self-publish your novel on Apple's iBooks and Amazon's Kindle store.
" The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." - Sylvia Plath
Tens of thousands of users have written novels, short stories, articles, and blog posts on the go with Manuscript for iPad and iPhone. Manuscript brings all of the features of the mobile versions to you home computer, and includes new and innovative additions that will encourage and inspire the writing process:
• Simple yet innovative interface that provides you with an uncluttered writing environment
• Full-screen mode to eliminate the background noise of incoming email or computer notifications
• Share your manuscript with other devices such as your iPhone and iPad, allowing you to continue writing even when you aren't at your computer
• Import or export an existing manuscript to Dropbox
• Use the color-coded index cards and icons to outline each scene, keep a to-do list, or create a storyboard of your entire novel
• Add, edit, reorder and summarize Chapters, never losing track or having to dig through an entire document for an idea or unfinished plot point
• Sample manuscripts are included so you can familiarize yourself with the layout and tools available within the app
• Keep track of your word count and page count
• Accessibility features make it easy to read and write: Change the font face, size, background color and foreground color. Increase or decrease the font size using the convenient slider
• Exports your manuscript to ePub format for easy self-publishing on Apple's iBooks or Amazon's Kindle
• Attach an exported ePub to an email and open the attachment on your iPad – it will open directly in iBooks
• A video tutorial built into the app can guide you through each step in the writing process
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Fixed Mountain Lion compatibility issue.
Over all I am happy with it
If I had paid full price I might not feel the same way but it is simple and suits my needs. They only thing that is really bothering me is that I cannot italisize anything! I am writing a novel and really need that feature. If I had known it did not have it I might not have bought it. So now you know before you buy
Trying hard to be Scrivener, but falls far short.
As a novelist and screenwriter, I've been putting my nose into things that could be even better than Scrivener -- so far, nothing has measured up, and that includes this app. Save your money. Scrivener may cost twice what Manuscript does, but it's worth 10 times as much. Give this app a pass, get Scrivener.
This program is a waste of money!!!!
This program has not seen an update since Aug. 2012. If this company cared at all about their programs they’d pull their head out and fix half of what’s wrong with this! What a joke! This is what happens when programs apparently become abandoned!! Not worth the money!!