* THE No.1 Book app for the iPad in 90+ countries.
* Voted Best Educational App in the 2015 BETT Awards.
Book Creator is the simple way to make your own beautiful ebooks, right on your iPad.
With over 30 million ebooks created so far, Book Creator is ideal for making all kinds of books, including children's picture books, comic books, photo books, journals, textbooks and more.
And when you're done, easily share your book, or even publish to the iBooks Store!
- Book Creator makes e-book publishing easy - Wired
- One of the Top 50 Apps for the iPad - The Guardian
- Winner of a Parents' Choice Gold Award
* Add text, choosing from over 50 fonts
* Add photos and images from your iPad's photo library, from the web, or use the iPad's camera
* Resize, rotate and position content as you like with guidelines and snap positioning
* Add video and music, and even record your voice
* Use the pen tool to draw and annotate your book
* Choose from portrait, landscape or square book sizes
* Add super powers to your books with comic templates, stickers and styles
* A quick tap and you're reading your book in iBooks!
MANY WAYS TO SHARE YOUR BOOK
* Publish your book online (teachers only)
* Send your book by email
* AirDrop to iPhone, iPad or MacBook
* Use a cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive (and more)
* Save your book as a movie file and upload to the web
* Print using AirPrint or other printer apps, or export as a PDF
* Ability to send via WebDav server, or simply connect your iPad and transfer to iTunes
BECOME A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!
Book Creator ebooks are created using the international ePub standard, so you know they will be readable now and in the future. Book Creator books are optimized for easy publishing to the iBooks Store.
See examples of published books at pinterest.com/bookcreator
NOTE - FIXED LAYOUT EBOOKS:
Book Creator supports iBooks' fixed layout format, including double page images and soundtracks. Fixed layout books are not suitable if you want to create novels, where text flows from page to page. You will not be able to copy in large amounts of text from other documents.
FIRST CLASS SUPPORT
The app includes a Getting Started manual, plus we have an online support forum at bookcreator.com/support with how-to articles and email support.
We love to talk via Twitter - say hello @BookCreatorApp
PERFECT FOR THE CLASSROOM:
Book Creator is open-ended, creative and cross curriculum, and is one of the most popular iPad apps for teachers across the world.
“Book Creator sits atop my list of the best educational apps. I’ve used Book Creator with learners of all ages, from kindergarten to adults. Its simplicity is refreshing, allowing authors to focus on their content.”
- Tony Vincent, Learning and Technology Consultant, learninginhand.com
“In my opinion the essential education app for the iPad!”
- Andrew Rhodes, Apple Distinguished Educator and Director of Technology, International School of Stavanger
“I love this app. It’s an incredibly powerful app with a deceptively easy to use interface. One of the three iPad apps every elementary school should buy.”
- Dan Callahan, Instructional Technology Specialist K-5 with 1:1 iPads
Read case studies and lesson plans from teachers using Book Creator at bookcreator.com/blog
"What a great tool! It’s sleek, intuitive, and easy. Being able to design a fixed layout picture book right on the iPad makes total sense. Highly recommended."
- Liz Castro, Author of ‘EPUB Straight to the Point: Creating ebooks for the Apple iPad and other ereaders’
"The app is super intuitive! I was working on a book for my 7 year old niece (who lives in Brazil) in no time. It took me about 30 minutes to put together a book for her, publish in iBooks and email the ePub file to my brother…to open it up on his iPad…. for my niece to read it."
- Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano, langwitches.org
Ratings and Reviews
Just published first ebook of our series prepared with book creator app
If you are looking for an app to prepare an ePub for a children's book, Book Creator app for iPad produces a beautiful ePub3. We varied the font and font size, boldness and color. We chose a square book format, but other shapes and sizes are available. We were also able to choose page color and vary page color throughout the book. We included a short video, in lieu of an illustration on one page. There is the option to narrate your book or have the app narrate it and light up the word being read. There is an automatic page turning option. Air dropping illustrations from your iPad or iPhone is very easy. For book 2 in our series, we are doing more illustrations directly onto the iPad/book creator page with a stylus. For our needs, the app is easy to use and offers all of the features we needed. We have been asked to conduct a seminar for teachers and writers on preparing an ebook with Book Creator for iPad at a local college next month.
The only problem we encountered was submitting a table of contents to Apple's iTunes Producer. There were instructions in Book Creator for preparing a TOC to submit to Apple, but we did not get it right. The folks at Apple were nice enough to redo our TOC.
It’s no iBook Author
If you’re trying to make a book and use it in the ibooks as an epub file, it’s not great. Here’s what you can’t do and they won’t tell you about it until after your purchase it.
1) Once you’ve made a book and transferred to ibooks, you can’t high light it, you can’t change font size. Heck, you can’t annotate over it like you can with pdf files in the ibook... and this is iOS 11!
2) If you want to make a book with chapters in them, you can for get about this app.
3) you can’t crop photos 😕
Here’s why it even got 3 stars. They seem to be focused on making kids books and for that, the price is fair. It’s not for thesis, reports, or research. It’s not for professional use.
Thanks for the honest feedback. I hope you don't feel misled after buying Book Creator. I think we're up front about the fact that our app is for making simple fixed layout ebooks.
Why can I no longer scroll to edit!!
I’ve been using this app for a while and have loved it. But today, it’s not letting me scroll down to edit text! I am panicked because I use it to create our Sunday morning bulletins. I can’t get it to scroll! What happened!
I’m now looking for another program! It’s taking too long to fix the issues!!
Hi LadyTreana - sorry about that. This bug is fixed now.
- Red Jumper Limited
- 94.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Red Jumper Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.