By Firi Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Phoenix HD is the best looking shoot'em up that everyone can enjoy! Enjoy the marvelous action and rise to the challenge at your own pace in this action packed game. Phoenix HD is a modern arcade game with intense action and brilliant graphics, where every playthrough is different. Some of our unique features include:
* Amazing Visuals – Silky smooth graphics with spectacular explosions powered by Metal!
* Procedurally Generated Content – Every game is unique.
* Unique ships with their own gameplay – Lots of spectacular weapons and power-ups.
* Location-based Leaderboards – Become the best in your home town and move on to the entire world.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Fixes crash that affected players that have set their device to the French language.
Phoenix HD 2.5.0:
Another big update! This update adds support for iOS 9 game recordings and an improved interface!
* Record your games with ReplayKit! To record, pause a game and hit the record button. After the game is over, you can save & share your recording. Game recordings require iOS 9 and a 64-bit device.
* We improved the interface so you can select your ship and see your high score in the city you are in right on the main screen!
* And the usual bug fixes and improvements.
Thanks for your reviews and support. Please leave a review if you enjoy Phoenix HD.
You don't need to pay any money to enjoy the game unless your ego demands the number one spot on the leaderboards, in which case you would still need some serious skills.
The main draw of the game is the bullet hell style gameplay and its simplistic controls. The ship follows your finger and shoots automatically. To use pickups, tap the screen with a second finger. The only other thing you need to know is that your teal cockpit is your only hit box so you don't need to worry about the rest of the ship.
I haven't spent any money in real life and in game and my high score with the Phoenix (the free ship) is 5,382,921.
I love how they gave us the option to freely use one of the paid ships free once per day, however some people seem to hate that kind of teasing so perhaps give unlimited use of one of the paid ships per day instead of only one flight.
The main issue I have with the game is that some bullet patterns don't seem to have any openings between the bullets which leads to a few unavoidable hits if you are in the wrong place.
It could be much better
The developers of this game are well behind the curve when it comes to satisfying their customer base. Every other game they allow you to use the coins who won to upgrade your ship and equipment.. But not this game. They also let you wait 24 hours until you can try a new ship... Why?!!! When they let you use your coins to enhance your strength they charge you an arm and a leg! It's 2015 guys! You need to loosen your grip or else we will go to another game!
Make some much needed changes and only then we might spend some real money.
After looking for the original 1980's phoenix came across this one. Was originally disappointed but after a few months I have played it almost every day and have not yet deleted it, so I guess I must like it. The leaderboards in each city is good as are the challenges. Graphics are really good. I just never seem to get any better at it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 29, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 86.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Firi Games
- © 2011-2015 Firi Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Online Pass$0.99
- Coin Tripler$1.99