Google+ - interests, communities, discovery
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover amazing things created by passionate people.
• Explore your interests
• Group things you love into Collections
• Join Communities of people around any topic
• Connect with people who share your interests
• Build a home stream filled with amazing content
What's New in Version 5.2.0
• Sign in as your Google+ page
• Fullscreen! Header and footers hide on scroll
• See recent posts from your circles (enabled via Settings > Advanced Settings)
• View collections from people you follow
• Native video playback
• Accessibility improvements and bug fixes for VoiceOver users
Still ugly, still missing settings, still no location sharing
So we're up to 5.2 and I guess I have to accept that the boring stark layout is here to stay. Sadly what is also still here is the app continuing to rely heavily on mobile web settings pages rather than native app settings, and those pages lacking even some of the more basic features. Also still here is the absence of location sharing features. So I can't look at the locations of people who have shared with me, and can only view and revoke my sharing with others (via in app mobile web) but not add sharing with new people.
The rate of update releases is slowing, which leaves me little hope of seeing the missing features restored any time soon. Really glad I kept the 4.8.7 version around to keep rolling back to.
Worst design award
The “new” Google+ was the worst update, the worst change, and the worst UI design in one. The latest update begins to hide the hideous upper _and_ lower bars that took away >1/5 of real estate. So I am giving back one star. Via the new UI, Google seems to want to force users into a workflow of the designer’s liking, not the users'. To start with, why would I jump foremost into “Featured Collections” when I open G+? It also takes away many, many useful functions such as location sharing.
Google+ app had a plain-looking start like Google search. Which was refreshing. Then it added lots of new functionality. There were some quirks but nothing to impede day to day usage. Until today.
Can you actually fix something for once
Yay woo hoo.
We have more functionality but I believe I speak for everyone when I say can you fix the notifications already the reason I got this app was for the notifications and then version five comes in screws up the layout and makes the notifications useless i'm trying to be able to see what the comments are a whole list of what the comments are and I would like to be able to reply to specific comments I don't know why you messed this up in the first place
Seriously who was drunk enough to remove a Tonna features for no reason so here's my advice if you want need to be a customer to your app you'd better get sober and clean this mess up
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 01, 2016
- Version: 5.2.0
- Size: 48.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.