MoodPanda - Mood Diary & Mood Tracker
By Jake Greenwood
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MoodPanda is your Interactive Mood Diary
MoodPanda helps you track how you're feeling, with personal analysis, visualisations and interpretations of your mood, and a lovely, friendly and anonymous community of people there to support you if you need them
Voted The Guardian "Top 30 Apps", featured on NBC's Today Show, WSJ , Sunday Times, The Guardian, New Scientist, Oprah Winfrey's Blog + TV Network, Lifehacker.com, and mental health charity websites
Some quotes from our users:
"I don't know what I would've done without MP. Best app I've ever downloaded :) <3" - Ikra S
"Everyone should know about the site, at the moments in life where you feel lost and alone MoodPanda is always there!" - Serena G
+ Track your mood wherever you are, and whenever you want
+ View colorful graphs of your mood
+ Interact with the MoodPanda community and (optional) get support from the community
+ See how your mood has changed over days, weeks and months to get the bigger picture
+ Privacy mode - enable this on the website to keep your mood posts entirely hidden from other users
+ Post updates to Facebook & Twitter (optional)
+ Find out what makes you happy
+ Find out what makes other people happy
+ Read the World's public mood posts
+ View mood calendars
NOTE: You can enable Privacy Mode on the MoodPanda Website to keep your mood posts entirely private
MOODPANDA ONLINE FEATURES
+ Access your MoodPanda mood diary online from any computer at MoodPanda.com
+ Print out your mood diary
+ Show your mood on your blog
Tags: mood diary, mood panda, mood journal, quantified self, qs, moodjournal, happiness diary, optimism, improve mood, depression, anxiety, support group, support, mental health
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Cleaner interface - unnecessary front menu removed to give a much smoother, simpler user experience
- Status bar at the top put back - as requested by users, so you can still see the time and battery life whilst on MoodPanda
- Registration - more gender options available
- Speed - some performance enhancements to increase the speed of the App
Buggy and privacy concerns
App does a reasonably good job of providing a simple mechanism to sample moods and track them over time. Four issues mar the execution.
1. Over-emphasis on social. Continuously returns to a feed of a bunch of strangers pouring their hearts out into twitter sized updates. Some of what they write is really concerning - like maybe they need to be calling a hotline and not tapping feelings into an app. I was surprised to find that public mode was on by default - every update I made was also being broadcast. It was easy to turn off, but I wonder how many of those people in my feed knew their emotions were on display.
2. I can't make updates without completely closing the app (double-tapping the home button and then swiping up to get it out of memory). It complains of not having an internet connection (always after typing a post, so I have to relaunch and re-enter the update). This problem extends to the web page, too.
3. Crashes. Not all the time but freezes up about once a day.
4. Uses every update to ask for money. I get this is free software, but I really would like to just pay once, dump all the social features, and stop getting nagged.
Room for improvement
Definitely great on graphs, data, as well as a supportive, anonymous community.
However, the app is a bit sluggish and everything feels just a bit cluttered.
Hopefully they'll be updates! Truly has a lot of potential!
I thought this was going to be a great app and then I downloaded it. This stupid pos crashes every time you try to open it after your initial use. So now these a$$holes have my email address.