iPlaya+ Beach weather forecast
By Gloria Latorre
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The coast of Spain has almost 8000 kilometres, with over 3000 beaches, some of which are among the best beaches in the world. And the best way to plan your next beach trip is having all the information at hand.
With iPlaya+ you'll have a thorough guide to all Spanish beaches, including all their features and services available in them, accurate hourly weather forecast, and users' reviews and photos to help you make your choice.
If you've already used iPlaya before, you'll notice that we've kept the feel and ease of use of previous versions of the app, while adding many new features and data.
Find beaches by either using the list of provinces and towns, the list of nearby beaches, or just typing the name of the beach in the search bar. You can also mark beaches you like or go to more often as favorites for a quick one-tap access.
The detail view for a beach is divided into 4 tabs:
- Summary, which gives you a general idea of the beach (the maximum UV index for the day is here among other data)
- Forecast, with hourly reports for temperature, sky conditions, water temperature, swell (wave height, period and direction), and wind (speed, direction, gusts). And daily reports for tides and astronomy data (sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset).
- Features, which includes a map showing the location of the beach and the distance from your current location (with the possibility of calculating the route to the beach by car or on foot, or launching the Maps app to get navigation). This section also includes a brief description of the beach, a list of general features (length, width, type of sand, etc.), a list of the main services available at the beach (showers, toilets, sports areas, etc.), information about accessing the beach and safety information.
- Ratings, which shows ratings, reviews and photos of the beach shared by users of the app. This is the section you can help grow by rating the beaches you know, writing reviews or uploading photos to share them with other users. (In order to send your ratings you must first login to your iPlaya account. Registering is super quick and easy!)
The Coastal areas section of the app is still there so you can explore swell forecasts for the following days with an animated map. Essential for boat trips.
Don't forget to 'starfish' your favorite beaches. The list will be available on your Apple Watch app so you'll get a summarized forecast on your wrist!
Get iPlaya+ now and enjoy your holidays!
What's New in Version 4.0.4
We've made some optimizations to make the app waaaay faster, we've made the features section look better, and we've made some improvements throughout the app.
iPlaya 4.0 is our biggest update yet!
We've completely redesigned the app to include many new features and data, and to make it faster and easier to use. And we've made it look great!
iPlaya+ includes now all Spanish beaches compiled by the Spanish MAPAMA ( Ministerio de Agricultura y Pesca, Alimentación y Medio Ambiente). For each beach, we provide information about its general features and the services available there, and weather forecast for three days.
Weather forecasts are now more accurate and include more data, such as wind speed and direction, swell height, period and direction, tide height, etc.
Moreover, now you can rate the beaches you've been to and share photos and your opinion of them with other users, to help them make the best choice.
If you had a list of "My beaches" in the previous version, please bear in mind that it may have changed... a bit. We're sorry if that's the case. We're sure you'll love the new app and the new great features will make up for any inconveniences resetting the list of favorite beaches. Plus, the list can now be reordered, which will make the task a piece of cake!
We hope you'll like the new version of the app. It's made with love ;)
As always, feel free to contact us with any doubts or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 33.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, Spanish
- Seller: Gloria Latorre Lario
- © 2011 Gloria Latorre
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.