By United Airlines
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
United is pleased to offer the United Mobile App. The United app is optimized for the iPhone and compatible with the iPad and Apple Watch. From flight booking to flight status and much more, the United app is your indispensable travel companion.
Key features include:
• Check in for flights, domestic and international for eligible travelers
• Change your flight
• Select alternative flight options if there are significant flight delays or cancellations
• Purchase Award Accelerator®, Premier Accelerator℠, Premier Access®, Economy Plus® seating and upgrades, subject to availability
Mobile Boarding Pass
• Store your United mobile boarding pass in the United Mobile App or save it to your Apple wallet for easy access
• Store mobile boarding passes for select partner airlines when you are connecting from a United flight to a flight on one of the participating airlines
• Full-featured, native app flight booking, including the ability to search and book using miles for MileagePlus® award travel
• Purchase Economy Plus seating, Premier Access, and United Club℠ one-time passes, subject to availability
• Check the status of your upcoming flight or search for the status of other United flights with a flight number or route
• Access and view upgrade and standby lists
• View aircraft seat maps
• Get departure and arrival information
• View the current location of your flight’s aircraft
• See amenities offered in flight
• Receive flight status push notifications: Monitor a selected flight and receive automatic updates sent to your device
• Manage your booked reservations
• Add and view current United reservations
• Change seats
• Change or cancel reservations
• Automatically upgrade and receive upgrade information if you are an eligible MileagePlus Premier® member
• Purchase Travel Guard® Insurance, Premier Access, and Economy Plus seating, subject to availability
• Add reservations directly to your calendar
• Enroll in MileagePlus
• View your MileagePlus account information
• See recent activity and statements
• View flights, including current, past and canceled flights
• Add MileagePlus card to Apple wallet
Other Important Features
• Track the status of your checked baggage
• Stream and watch popular movies and TV shows from your own device on select flights
• View interactive airport maps
• See United Club locations and hours, and purchase one-time passes
• Eligible MileagePlus Chase Card members can access their one-time passes
• Schedule Uber transportation to or from the airport
• Play Sudoku games
• Share your reservations and check-ins with your social network and view our recent tweets
What's New in Version 2.1.30
• Digital United Club passes for eligible MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers
• Bug Fixes
Good App but Need Process Change
I have never had issues with the app itself. The change I wish they would make is more insight on which planes will offer in flight ent or not. Traveled home yesterday and gate agent made an announce stating to be sure and get the app to enjoy ent but that option was not avail on the plane. They still had the seat-back screens, which I decided to avoid. Never had prob with the ent though when offered and all my flight details were always present as well as my boarding pass.
The app suddenly announces that it doesn’t recognize the device you’ve been using for a year and asks a security question that you can’t change. It asks ‘What’s your favorite type of music’ and excludes “rock” as an option. Stupid? Of course. I have to pick something other than the most popular form of music on the planet and try to remember it when i’m locked out again. It asks for app feedback but when you try to post, it fails citing “data service unavailable.” Why not check that before letting me waste my time? Again, the word stupid comes to mind.
It could be good, but...
This app has good features, but it is constantly malfunctioning, even with the updates being put out every week. Boarding passes disappear right before your flight, entire reservations are removed from the app after you've finished only one leg of a trip, and the laundry list of little bus goes on.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 2.1.30
- Size: 210 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: United Air Lines
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.