By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's New in Version 140.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!
To all the bad reviews
I just want to take a moment to explain why there are so many bad reviews here. Before you choose to get this app most people like to look at the reviews but what people don't know is people typically write reviews when they have a problem with something. So taking that into context, it is really up to you whether or whether not you want to get this app before you go to the reviews and see all the nasty things people are saying, take into consideration they are only writing the review because they have had trouble. Think about it when you go to a restaurant and you had a pleasant stay you tip someone you don't tell them that they did a good job, but when you have a bad stay you don't tip them and you typically mention something to them giving them nasty comments and or at least mentioning something to my manager, thus is what is happening here. For all the years that I've had messenger I've only had one problem and that was when the iPhones were updating, I would like to give them credit usually when something is been in business for a couple years they would have a lot more problems than just one. This is why I am giving messenger a five star. Also you guys thinking about getting this app I would totally get it don't listen to all the bad reviews and again people usually only write reviews when Theyve had a problem.
Facebook Shoots Itself in the Foot
This app is my favorite, I love the integration and I think it has the best call quality. It's so handy and convenient and as a result I rarely ever text people instead choosing to the app. However with the most recent update they took one of the most convenient features and made it annoying. It used to be that gifs were right there on the ui to search for and within seconds I could be sending a gif but now you have to hit plus and then find gif spot and then hit ignore downloading the gif app and then use the incredibly slow and terrible gif search engine and then hitting that's chosen gif and then saying yes I want to send that one. It doesn't break the app but it frustrates me to no end. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I'm not the type to enjoy texting. I usually just use the app when needed and didn't pay much attention since I considered it like the rest of the social apps. Nothing too different or hooking. But weirdly enough I found myself enjoy using the app after the new update.
The first thing I notice is the new layout design. It fits me perfectly. The design and the transitions gave off a minimalistic feel yet still innovative. The smooth keyboard and the circular text box is visually pleasing to the eyes which is most likely the reason why I found myself texting more often.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 19, 2017
- Version: 140.0
- Size: 240 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.