By Positive Grid Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BLACK FRIDAY SALES $19.99 NOW $4.99. JamUp is delightful way to jam and practice on your iPad and iPhone.
- Great tone, Jam Player, Phrase Sampler, 8-track Recorder all included.
- Over 10,000 artists, factory and users presets in ToneCloud
- Featured worldwide by Macworld, Premier Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player, Guitarist
JamUp XT comes with 1 amp and 6 effects. JamUp Pro XT adds fully 6 amps and 16 stomp-box and premium rack effects - including distortion, compression, tape delay, tremolo and spring reverb. Both JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT include Jam player, phrase sampler, ToneSharing, preset manager, 8-track recorder (optional), live-view, tuner and metronome.
All the amps and effects can be arranged with the easy to use drag-and-drop interface, simply move them around to create your own unique signal chain. JamUp offers the best sounding and studio quality collection of amp and effect models, with the optional expansion packs, it features 46 amp channels and 40 classic effects.
Each amp model was carefully measured and analyzed based on the actual unit, and it was developed with Positive Grid's MESH Multi-Stage Modeling Technology, it offers significant sonic improvement than other digital amp modelers, with dead-on accuracy and tube-like touch and feel.
The modeled sounds are just part of what JamUp has to offer. The Jam Player module makes it a snap to import songs from your iTunes library to jam along with, and you can adjust the tempo and pitch with the high-fidelity time-stretching engine. There’s the sound-on-sound phrase sampler, which lets you easily record and layer looped parts. What’s more, with the optional 8-track recorder, built-in tuner and metronome, it delivers a complete professional processing and recording solution.
ToneSharing allows users to create, share and download custom presets right inside JamUp. You can check out presets from top artists, staff picks, or user created tones from all over the world. The tone-creation possibilities of this new platform are virtually infinite.
JamUp is now integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid's new BIAS - Amp Designer and Modeler app, expanding JamUp into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. BIAS starts with stunning replications of 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history and then lets you dive deep into the guts of their gear to tweak every possible aspect of their architecture. Swap out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic—even change the tube’s bias—to create your dream amp and distinctive signature sound.
- Realtime Guitar/Bass Amp and Multi-Effects processor
- JamUp seamlessly integrated with BIAS - the ultimate amp designer and modeler
- Run 7 simultaneous amp and effect models
- Drag and drop signal path for easy tone creation
- JamUp XT includes 1 amp and 6 effects, JamUp Pro XT includes 6 amp and 16 premium effects
- In total 48 amp channels and 40 effect models (via in-app purchase expansion packs)
- Complete 8-Track Recorder System (via in-app purchase)
- Phrase Sampler with undo feature, start mode selection, synchronized metronome
- iTunes Jam player to access your iTunes library with time stretching (pitch/speed) engine
- ToneSharing, download over 10,000 artist & user presets, or share your own
- 128 slot preset manager
- Live-View control page
- Built-in Tuner/Metronome
- MIDI learning and assignment
- Audio Copy/Paste
- Audiobus support in 3 slots
- And much, much more...
- Designed with JamUp Plug (available on Amazon.com for $19.99)
- Griffin StompBox, Griffin StudioConnect
- AirTurn Wireless Footswtich
- Apogee JAM, Line 6 Mobile In, Line 6 SonicPort, iRiffPort, Alesis IO Dock
- iRig, iRig HD, Ampkit, Ampkit HD
What's New in Version 3.6.23
Hi there ,
Thanks for using Positive Grid apps! We just fixed Tonecloud login with Facebook account issue , keep uploading your amazing preset!
Rock on ,
Team Positive Grid
Have to settle 4 this on iPhone instead of bias fx
Before Bias amp & FX, this was the top dog, now its running somewhat of a distant 3rd, may 4th behind AmpliTube 4, and to be honest, I feel like I'm settling for this when I'm using my iPhone. I'd much rather have bias fx on my iPhone as I use it as my go to for my iPad , and I don't understand why they can bring bias amps but not fx to the iPhone. Anyway this app, while it lacks the possibilities of bias fx, does have its own offerings, but one of them, the 8track, is terrible and a waste of money, as it lacks so many basic features it should have.
Missing important features
There is a lot to like about this app. Unfortunately until they fix the GUI on iPhone 6 Plus it stops short of a win. They need to add better control of the rehearse loop. I contacted support and they say there's a blue dot that shows up when you turn it on. However you can't see it on the 6 Plus. So you end up hitting the loop start "A" button or the loop end "B" button. For most people who might want to use this to drill licks, the tight space around the loop control buttons means you'll end up hitting them repeatedly when you try and enable the loop. This will make practicing your parts a lot more frustrating.
They could make the potentiometers much smaller to gain a little room on the interface for the loop controls, or even use sliders instead. Sliders would actually be better. I would think it would be obvious that the more necessary controls are the looping points and the loop on/off button. There's also no way to set the loop's starting and end point accurately. So you end up with the loop starting or ending in the middle of a measure. If they did some work on just the practice loop section this app would be perfect because you always have your phone with you when you are at a gig and if you carry the interface too you can work on tunes backstage before you go on. It would sure be a lot more convenient than a laptop.
The multi-track recorder would be nice if it would sync with the drums they provide like most DAWs do. This one doesn't.
They have a lot of pedals you can add and they are reasonably priced. If the Graphic interface were better I'd likely buy more pedals because I would really want to use it. Sad really. It's almost there but missed the mark. If you're not a professional player than you'll probably dig it.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 08, 2016
- Version: 3.6.23
- Size: 299 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Positive Grid Inc
- © 2016 Positive Grid Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Metal Expansion Pack$4.99
- Effect Expansion Pack$4.99
- Metal Expansion Pack II$4.99
- 8-Track Recorder$4.99
- Classic Expansion Pack$4.99
- Boutique Expansion Pack$4.99
- Bass Expansion Pack$4.99
- All Access$24.99
- Vintage Effect Expansion Pack$4.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$4.99