PlayerXtreme Media Player
By Xtreme Media Works
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPad. With PlayerXtreme you can watch your movies on the go from anywhere even if they’re in any format even if they don’t normally play or even sync with your iPhone! Download PlayerXtreme & start transferring & watching your favorite movies without conversion!
PlayerXtreme is able to run files in almost any video format. It has currently the following formats covered:
3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, webm, wm, wmv
• Mac Finder/Window Explorer like interface.
• Easy to organize you movie collection.
• New Navigation and search
• SMB, UPNP and Wifi support.
• Access your file from browser.
• Map you library as drive.
• Add files from your PC to your iPhone.
• Play files from your email attachments.
• Supports HD playback (in 1080p) for all formats.
• Support SRT, SSA/ASS, SMI and many other subtitles in almost all languages.
• Quick forward and backward controls
• Control subtitle's font size, track and language.
• Supports multiple audio tracks in a file.
• Boost volume upto 3 times the original sound for watching movies without headphones.
• Set Passcode on your library to restrict anyone from accessing your folders/files.
• Can enable guest access.
• Hiding folders. Hidden folders are not visible to guest users.
What's New in Version 8.0.4
- UI changes
- other minor fixes
Used to be great
Bought the paid versions some time ago and for a time it worked really well. But lately the updates feel overwhelmingly excessive and more times than not they actual cause more problems than they fix. Haven’t been able to play certain .avi videos that were once playable. And now when I play and seek through specifically .wmv videos it causes my whole network to crash and I end up having to go to the router to reset it. Used to be a really good player. Now it just feels like it’s just being tampered with for no reason. Wish developers would stop updating so much and just follow the saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. The word ‘update’ has largely been reduced to a slur now. Quite frustrating.
Horrible update, NOT USER FRIENDLY. Don't update!
Although the GUI changes to playback look sleeker, functionality has been hindered. Downloaded subtitles through the app can't be deleted unless there are no videos present and only after clearing cache. I loved that Player Xtreme had the playback speed increment on screen since majority of other video players don't even offer this feature, but now this requires an extra 2 clicks to access instead of it being readily available on screen with the other controls. Please bring this feature back. Recently with every update that comes out, it's becoming less user friendly, despite claiming that it is. Very disappointed from a long time user since owning an iPhone 4S.
Better than TV App
Been looking for a media player app that was at least as good as the old video app that used to be on the old iphones & ipod touches. After looking and trying different apps for hours I finally found a suitable app to replace the useless TV app that has the ugly interface and has way more options and is more user friendly. The only thing I could think of right now that could make this app better is having color customizing functions like the Cesium app does so the app doesn’t have to have a blinding white background.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 27, 2017
- Version: 8.0.4
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Xtreme Media Works
- © Xtreme Media Works
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Loyalty UpgradeFree
- PlayerXtreme Pro$4.99