Another World - 20th Anniversary
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: The game is not full screen on iPhone 5
Also known as Out Of This World™ and released across more than a dozen platforms since its 1991 debut, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike for its cinematic effects in the graphics, sound and cut scenes.
- AN IMMERSIVE ADVENTURE WITH UNIQUE STORYTELLING
Another World™ bridges the gap between Cinema and Action Adventure games with a completely new style of fluid, cinematic, storytelling.
Hurtled through space and time by a nuclear experiment gone wrong, you'll need to dodge, outwit, and overcome the host of alien monsters and deadly earthquakes that plague the alien landscape you now call home. Only a perfect blend of logic and skill will get you past the deadly obstacles that lie in wait.
- 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR IPHONE & IPAD
• Switch between Original/HD graphics by using 2 fingers at any time
• New intuitive touch controls or classic D-pad
• 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Very Hard (more difficult than original game)
• 100% remastered Sounds and FX
• Game Center with 13 achievements
• 5 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- CURIOUS? More info on:
What's New in Version 1.4
Display bugs fixed
So I recently purchased an iPhone 5s and an iPad air 2 and discovered that this game on both has a sound issue. When I play it on my iPod 4g there is no issue but on the other two devices certain sounds are played slower than they should be, thus making them sound like slow motion. For instance the beast in the beginning, after he chases you to the vine his growl is slowed down and deeply guttural, and then when you are in the cage, the guard starts shooting up and his voice is off, slowed down, as well as what your partner says when he taps you on the shoulder immediately after breaking free. His voice is not the same at all and he doesn’t even finish saying what he’s supposed to say because it’s so slowed down. the laser shots are completely off, especially the super shot. Essentially the sound is really screwed up. I saved version 1.2 and when i play that on my iPod 4g no sound issue, but no matter what version I play now on my iPhone 5s or iPad 2 the sound is completely screwed up. Really love this game and hope to have the issue resolved soon. Other than that it is a great game
Great look, horrible feel.
The rush of nostalgia I had when I learned of this re-release was enough to make me purchase it immediately. Right away I noticed the controls were far less responsive than the already clunky original but I wasn't completely discouraged. It doesn't take too long for things start to get more challenging then you realize more and more that this is definitely "not" how it use to be or should be. Lester even just barely jumps and certainly not on time like the original(which is crucial)
Im sure the developers take pride in their excellent visuals and sound design but with a control system this horrible they've managed to make and already tricky game 1000 times more frustrating.
PS - I want to break my iPhone in half now..thanks.
All in all the the graphic work and ambiance are incredible, but you'll more than likely never get to see it all of it(or your money's worth) by sheer flaw in design.
The don't make them like this anymore
The sound is messed up after the ios8 update.
This is a game made with real heart. Games are like Hollywood now, they spend too much time on special effects and graphics and not enough on character development. This one somehow does it with no talking. Love it. Don't cheat if you're a real gamer. This was an amazing game in the early 90's and it's even better now with the graphics updates.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 09, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: DotEmu
- Another World 20th Anniversary © 2011 Eric Chahi, Digital Lounge. Developed and published by DotEmu. "Another World" and "Out Of This World" are registered trademarks of Eric Chahi. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos, and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.