Showtime Sync – Second Screen app for Showtime Original Series
By Showtime Networks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Don't just watch Showtime, be a part of it. Enjoy exclusive bonus content on your iPad and iPhone while you watch on TV.
Enhance the viewing experience of your favorite Showtime Original Series with SHOWTIME SYNC. No matter how you watch, the app automatically listens to determine if you are viewing an enhanced episode, then syncs to present timely special features, trivia, polls, predictions and more. Whether you're watching live, pre-recorded, On Demand, streaming or from a DVD, the app will work as long as the sound is audible. Earn points and achievements for playing along. You can also use the app to browse through existing bonus content anytime.
Winner of multiple awards, including an Emmy® nomination for Outstanding Interactive Program, SHOWTIME SYNC is widely recognized as a leading second screen experience in the television industry. See what all the excitement is about. Download the app and join in the fun today!
What's New in Version 3.0
- Now available for iPhone! Get the same great bonus content you've enjoyed on your iPad, redesigned for your iPhone. Enhancing your favorite Showtime Original Series just got easier than ever. Download the app to your phone and check it out.
- A gorgeous new iOS 7 design for your iPad. Navigating and enjoying SHO Sync is now much easier and more intuitive.
- New Feature: Browse While In Sync. Now you can browse content from other episodes or even other Showtime Original Series while remaining in sync with the episode you're watching. It's a cool new way to get the most out of SHO Sync.
- New Feature: Content Alerts. Want to leave the app to check your email or browse the internet while you're watching? Now you can without missing any synced bonus content. We'll send you an alert to let you know when a new piece of content is available.
Also the crashing issue could have been on Apple, since there was a known(and fixed in 7.1 update) crash to home screen bug. One more thing, don't complain about not being able to watch any of the episodes in this app when it's clearly not designed for that, nor does it claim to. Showtime has a separate app for that. People forget that iPads/iPhones are essentially computers and sometimes installed software(apps) get corrupted during install or there's a conflict somewhere. When 95% of the reviews are positive and don't share your issues then it's safe to say it's not the app itself. Example, around review number 60 read the 1* review...... Obviously ASSUMED he knew what the app was and didn't even bother reading the details section.
This update for iPad is awesome! Navigating through episodes is so much better and jumping to another season is much easier. Great updates to icons that make more sense, too! The app does a much better job telling me what it's doing or hearing in this version.
I'm also blown away by the new experience on the iPhone! I can't wait for Sunday night! Well done, Showtime!
This app just makes watching your shows even more fun
This is an awesome app to go alongside your shows. It does take my eyes off of the TV, which is not necessarily what I like to do when watching a show that I really like... With that said, I still appreciate the idea and believe that this is for some of us, Not all of us.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 06, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 26.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Showtime Networks Inc.
- © 2014 Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.