By Active Theory Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Virtual Active turns your cardio workout into an outdoor adventure! Exercise through 16 extraordinary locations ranging from the Swiss Alps to the Venice canals, ensuring that your workout will never be boring.
The Virtual Active app can tell how hard you're exercising and adjust the video playback speed to synchronize with you.
Shot in beautiful locations around the world, Virtual Active transports you to iconic trails and landscapes, turning indoor exercise into an adventure.
• Footage for runners, cyclists, and hikers available.
• Learn about where you're running with info popups.
• No extra hardware required! Simply place your iPad, iPhone, or iPod on a cardio machine and start exercising. This app utilizes unique BitGym technology to respond to how fast you are working out.
• Choose from sixteen locations including Northern Italy, downtown Chicago, the American Northwest, and many more.
• Most exercise bikes, elliptical machines and treadmills supported.
• Control your iPod music directly - no need to switch applications.
What's New in Version 2.8
Improved visuals, especially for iPad Pro devices.
excellent for exercise
I prefer Virtual Active to its sister app BitGym because you can pick where to start. The app is great, but I wish they added more destinations, and included more urban walking tracks. I noticed that in the past year they have not added any new videos at all to the app and are selling videos to be downloaded only. Still it is a 5-star app, it converts an otherwise tedious workout to fun experience.
We are missionaries in Ethiopia. Running outside is not peaceful or a stress reliever. This app is amazing because I no longer have to stare at my white wall while using my elliptical, I can feel like I am in a world that feels a lot more like 'home' or my home culture. Because of the visual I can go longer without feeling bored and then quitting- wishing I could just run trails like I used to. Thank you for this app! It works seamlessly.
I really like the app. I sit the iPad on the little ledge on my treadmill so it covers up the display. I don't see the clock count down so I just enjoy the scenery without worrying about how much further I have to go. It pulls music from my rock playlist which keeps me pumped. Since I started using it, I'm working out harder and longer but it doesn't seem like it.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 17, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 281 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Theory Inc
- © 2015 Active Theory Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Northern Italy$7.99
- Los Angeles$7.99
- American Northeast$7.99
- California Coast Ride$7.99
- American Southwest$7.99
- Wild California$7.99
- Swiss Alps$7.99
- Pacific Northwest$7.99
- Northern Italy Hike$7.99