Pixelmate 2000 - Go Pixel Yourself!
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Pixelmate 2000 is an advanced processing engine that allows anyone to convert images into a wide variety of vintage digital formats. Simply snap a photo or load one from your library, select a platform, set any optional filter settings and process! After converting your photos, you can easily share the results via email, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr or Instagram. You can also save the processed images to your local photo library.
The many diverse systems included with Pixelmate have been inspired by real and conceptual gaming platforms from the 1970s through the 1990s. Each available system has a unique color palette, resolution, display mode, dither algorithm and more. Additional filter options can be applied to any system to create an endless number of unique and artistic designs reminiscent of video games from years past.
• 32 unique system filters (console, computer, handheld, prototype)
• Process pictures from your photo library or camera
• Four base palette channels for every system (i.e., normal, inversion, grayscale, retina burn)
• Eight contrast settings to refine the details of your picture
• Optional dithering, overlay FX, hi-fi mode and soft edges that adapt uniquely to every system
• Shake to Create feature allows you to shake your phone or iPod while on the Processing screen to randomly select a system and configuration.
• Fullscreen preview allows you to see an enlarged view of the processed image before saving it by rotating your device 90 degrees while on the Processing screen.
• Global options including export size, save original image, auto-process and more
• Share processed photos through email, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Instagram
• Integrated examples and technical specifications for all included systems
• A truly unique and fun interface to fit the mood
- Avocado V
- CoCa 80
- Dartsma 575
- Azotic 1000
- Mega System
- Silvretta Turbo
- Game Pal
- Game Pal Color
- PixoVision Pro
- Pocket Joy
- Chancify 250
- Grey Fusion
- Multiplay IV
Pixelmate 2000 is unlike any other lofi digital processing app on the market. While many apps lazily apply a basic "pixelate" effect to your images, Pixelmate instead runs your image through a series of advanced procedures to convert it into an authentic retro image using faithful color palettes, resolutions, dither modes and overlay effects.
What's New in Version 2.1
- Four new system filters (Gray Fusion, Pocket Joy, Genie, Coca 80)
- New Feature: Shake your iPhone or iPod while on the Process screen to select random systems and configurations (the effects will auto-process upon shake unless you have the system selection menu open).
- Rotate your iPhone or iPod 90 degrees after processing the image to view a fullscreen preview. The new shake to randomize feature can be done while in fullscreen preview mode as well.
- Restored original app icon.
- Assorted bug fixes and technical enhancements.
- Tip: Tap the 'i' info icon next to any system to see a sample along with brief tips and information about the selected system.
Like having a gameboy camera on iOS
What a great app! This app is my most favorite app for getting that gameboy, erm "Game pal" camera effect, and it handles the dither, monochrome, and much more just like a the the real thing, I love the different other consoles as well and each of them make me laugh at the fun workaround names for the consoles. There are a few issues with cropping and so forth, but it's very obvious that the crop was made to emulate the CRT aspect ratio that these machines would only be capable of providing, but there are work around for portrait images, simply by flipping the rotation of the pic before putting it in the app. I also have seen some bugs with live camera causing crashes and other stuff like that but nothing major or recent, but either way great app!
Great, with one huge flaw..
This app is wonderful, and worth every penny, minus one huge flaw. The crop. It ruins the photos, and doesn't have any reason to exist. Lose the crop and you'll have a 5 star review.
UPDATE: Don't expect any developer support or updates. They don't care.
Nice concept, but...
This automatic cropping thing is for the birds! Remove it, and you have a near five star program.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 28, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 28.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: linkedPIXEL
- © 2013 linkedPIXEL, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.