Citymapper - the ultimate real time transit app
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Includes support for Apple Watch. A to B journeys. Departures. Status alerts. Citymapper is now on your wrist!
The ULTIMATE TRANSIT APP for New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Singapore and more!
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner- MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Special Prize Winner- Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014- GSMA/Mobile World Congress
* Designs of the Year 2014- London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014- Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014- Stuff Magazine
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
We're reinventing the everyday urban transit app and making the large complicated city simple and usable. A to B trip planning with real-time. Real-time departure info on all modes of transit. Bike/ cycle routing and share availability. Line status and disruption alerts. Uber and Hailo integration. Weather. Everything you need and may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imagineable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), Metro-North Railroad (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit Trains (NJT), New Jersey Transit Buses / Light Rail (HBLR / NLR), NY Waterway Ferries (East River, Hudson, Belford ferries), PATH (PANYNJ), Citi Bikes
- San Francisco and Bay Area: BART, San Francisco MUNI Metro, MUNI Bus, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, Golden Gate Transit, VTA, Bay Area Bike Share
- Los Angeles: Metro (Metro, Metro Liner, Buses), Los Angeles Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA Bus, Chicago 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), Massachusetts Bay Transport Authority (MBTA), Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: Philadelphia SEPTA (Trolleys, Buses, Rapid Transit, Commuter Rail), PATCO, NJ Transit Buses (Buses, Rail, Light Rail)
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on.
What's New in Version 5.2
Ok computer, let’s try 3 continents in one go, plus features. Sao Paulo. Singapore. Toronto. Montreal. Vancouver. Combined Bike + subway/metro routing. Live trips on the homescreen. Get off the train alerts. Save walks. Support for Apple Watch.
Where. do. we. start.
Bike share + subway/metro routing. We’re pushing multimodal routing to the next level. For the first time in the history of urban mobility (not that we actually fact checked this), biking is combined with transit, opening up new A to B options across the city you did not know existed. This is an experimental start in limited cities, we are only using bike share schemes, and are only showing results when they are competitive with transit or biking directly. Bike routing has also been updated and is now showing 3 options: regular, fast and quiet. Welcome to spring, and yes you need the exercise.
Saved trips on the homescreen now show real-time departure info when relevant. You can now also save walk trips. And if you save multiple trips between the same A to B, we will group them together. A great way to save and compare multiple commute options.
Get off the train alerts. Track journeys with commuter rail (or buses), and we’ll tell you when to get off. Unless you’re a deep sleeper.
And welcome to our new cities:
- Toronto. The current standing winner of our citymapper.com/nextcity voting competition. And frankly after we were one of the Apps of the Year 2014 in Canada, we were filled with immense guilt, waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats. There was no alternative, we had to do it. We added Montreal and Vancouver as well in order to redeem ourselves.
- Sao Paulo. 20 million Paulistas, the largest real-time bus network, and possibly the most challenging city we’ve tackled yet. In Portuguese.
- Singapore. Because there are way more Asians in the world than white people.
Improvements to existing cities and other fixes ongoing.
And finally, support for Apple Watch. Actually we already included this in the previous release. But we just wanted to mention it again.
Must have app!!
This is one of the best and coolest app I have ever seen. You get everything you need. When your bus/train/subway coming, where you have to exit, etc. Good job! You made my travel easier. Thank you!
Must have for World travel
To be honest I just got the app but it looks great. The directions on how to get around Rome is just what I'm looking for.
Used this app in London. Amazing and quite useful. I recommend this anyone who travels across the pond.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 31.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2015 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.