Citymapper - the ultimate real time transit app
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ULTIMATE TRANSIT APP for New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, Mexico City, London, Manchester, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Berlin, Hamburg (more coming.. )
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year + Editor's Choice
* Grand Prize Winner of MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (GSMA/Mobile World Congress)
* Designs of the Year 2014 - London Design Museum
* Essential App of the Year - Stuff Magazine
* 2015 International Startups of the Year- Crunchies
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
We're reinventing the everyday urban transit app and making the large complicated city simple and usable. A to B trip planning with real-time. Real-time departure info on all modes of transit. Bike/ cycle routing and share availability. Line status and disruption alerts. Uber and Hailo integration. Weather. Everything you need and may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imagineable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), Metro-North Railroad (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit Trains (NJT), New Jersey Transit Buses / Light Rail (HBLR / NLR), NY Waterway Ferries (East River, Hudson, Belford ferries), PATH (PANYNJ), Citi Bikes
- San Francisco and Bay Area: BART, San Francisco MUNI Metro, MUNI Bus, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, Golden Gate Transit, VTA, Bay Area Bike Share
- Los Angeles: Metro (Metro, Metro Liner, Buses), Los Angeles Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA Bus, Chicago 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), Massachusetts Bay Transport Authority (MBTA), Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: Philadelphia SEPTA (Trolleys, Buses, Rapid Transit, Commuter Rail), PATCO, NJ Transit Buses (Buses, Rail, Light Rail)
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Bug fixes. Seriously. No seriously.
-Some disappearing real-time information is now appearing again.
-Some disappearing travel time information for certain journey legs is now appearing again.
-Snapchat has been banned in the office.
-Improved search. Better results, and you can default to your last picked provider for places (addresses show up for all).
-No more walking to (null), unless that’s really where you’re going.
-Swipe left (right?) for my/ saved/ favourite stops, ranked by distance.
-US cities were unable to vote for our next cities. This anti-democratic discrimination has been rectified in fear of additional revolutions.
If you missed the previous big release, we’ll summarise it here:
What's an Apple Maps
GREAT APP, A+. Living by the G train in NYC is terrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but alas it's life. This app gives me alerts when it's delayed or whatever issues it has-- which is super helpful so I can avoid it like the plague (if I can.) The entire push notif/alerts thing is very cool and something that other public transit apps are obviously missing. PLUS! The new update is smooth and I didn't have any issues with bugs. Easy to use, fast, and most importantly-- accurate. Plus the app update descriptions are funny. Marry me, Citymappers team.
My go-to app for commuting
As a native New Yorker who takes public transit multiple times a day, this is truly my go-to app as it performs so well. I moved to Jersey not too long ago and their update to connect that transit system was clutch. It's intuitive, has an offline train map, alerts you during rush hour times of delays for specific lines, connects to MTA Twitter account for updates, and gives multi-route options. And they are super responsive about feedback, which is much appreciated!
I gave this a test run today. I'm pretty impressed on what this app can do. Even has kcal count if you are into calorie counts for your health. A bit accurate on the indicator, small little thing that when I was walking to my location, the little indicator said I was on the opposite side of the street, but I was clearly on the right path.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 27, 2015
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 32.0 MB
- Languages: English, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2014 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.