Citymapper - the ultimate real time transit app
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Includes support for Apple Watch. A to B trips. Departures. Status alerts. Featured in the 'Rise' Apple Watch Ad. Citymapper is now on your wrist!
The ULTIMATE TRANSIT APP for New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Singapore, Hong Kong and more!
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 - GSMA/Mobile World Congress
* Designs of the Year 2014 - London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014 - Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 - Stuff Magazine
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
We're reinventing the everyday urban transit app and making the large complicated city simple and usable. A to B trip planning with real-time. Real-time departure info on all modes of transit. Bike/cycle routing and share availability. Line status and disruption alerts. Uber and Hailo integration. Weather. Everything you need and may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imagineable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US & SINGAPORE
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), Metro-North Railroad (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit Trains (NJT), New Jersey Transit Buses / Light Rail (HBLR / NLR), NY Waterway Ferries (East River, Hudson, Belford ferries), PATH (PANYNJ), Citi Bikes
- San Francisco and Bay Area: BART, San Francisco MUNI Metro, MUNI Bus, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, Golden Gate Transit, VTA, Bay Area Bike Share
- Los Angeles: Metro (Metro, Metro Liner, Buses), Los Angeles Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA Bus, Chicago 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), Massachusetts Bay Transport Authority (MBTA), Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: Philadelphia SEPTA (Trolleys, Buses, Rapid Transit, Commuter Rail), PATCO, NJ Transit Buses (Buses, Rail, Light Rail)
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 5.10
Carsharing. Round 1. The ultimate transit app gets… more ultimate. Introducing our partner Autolib’ in Paris. Introducing our partner Car2Go in Berlin, Hamburg, Milan, Rome, Amsterdam, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, NYC and DC. Right now we are just showing car availability on the Near tab, this is not yet on routing, sorry. But it will be. Because the future city is coming. And you can live in the old world, or you can join the new one..
Improved Sharing. A custom share sheet with quick access to sharing by WhatsApp, Messenger, text messaging and email. We also tried to add Snapchat but it seems to have disappeared.. You can share locations, places, routes, trips, directions, departures (stops and stations), lines and disruptions/service info, that good looking bus stop you’ve been telling everyone about, and the APP itself. The one we recommend most is your ETA, press GO and share your ETA with someone you love, or at least have a platonic understanding with. Share even with those poor souls that do not have the app, since it all works on the mobile web. They will see you move in real time. Your life will never be the same again (well, you might actually have to be on time).
3D Touch. For those of you with the fancy new iPhones, you can now quick launch into app features by using the pressure dexterity of your complex human finger on the app icon. Take that robots. Get Me Somewhere- straight to the keyboard. Get Me Home- you know. Nearby Stops- instant departure info. Share Location- instant link for your friends to get directions to you.
watchOS 2. Bear with us and the new tech. The location problem has been rectified. If you have problems with the app launching, the experts say: uninstall and reinstall. Hello Complications: add us to your Watch face, and when you activate a trip using GO, we will send your next step or ETA right to your watch face. Hello Time Travel: spin the digital crown to check the past or future of your trip. But you can’t escape the present yet..
Really nice alternative to some other subway apps and a whole lot more. Keep up the good work!
I love it
Only one that works for me
This is a great way to plan as well as navigating. Thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 05, 2015
- Version: 5.10
- Size: 39.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2015 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.