Citymapper - the ultimate real time transit app
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Includes support for Apple Watch. A to B journeys. Departures. Status alerts. Featured in the 'Rise' Apple Watch Ad. Citymapper is now on your wrist!
The ULTIMATE TRANSIT APP for New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Singapore, Hong Kong and more!
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 - GSMA/Mobile World Congress
* Designs of the Year 2014 - London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014 - Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 - Stuff Magazine
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
We're reinventing the everyday urban transit app and making the large complicated city simple and usable. A to B trip planning with real-time. Real-time departure info on all modes of transit. Bike/cycle routing and share availability. Line status and disruption alerts. Uber and Hailo integration. Weather. Everything you need and may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imagineable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US & SINGAPORE
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), Metro-North Railroad (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit Trains (NJT), New Jersey Transit Buses / Light Rail (HBLR / NLR), NY Waterway Ferries (East River, Hudson, Belford ferries), PATH (PANYNJ), Citi Bikes
- San Francisco and Bay Area: BART, San Francisco MUNI Metro, MUNI Bus, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, Golden Gate Transit, VTA, Bay Area Bike Share
- Los Angeles: Metro (Metro, Metro Liner, Buses), Los Angeles Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA Bus, Chicago 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), Massachusetts Bay Transport Authority (MBTA), Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: Philadelphia SEPTA (Trolleys, Buses, Rapid Transit, Commuter Rail), PATCO, NJ Transit Buses (Buses, Rail, Light Rail)
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 5.7
Summer is not over yet... In this release the maps come alive, your subway trips get smarter with alarms and yes... train car exits. Oh and we added Hong Kong.
GET ME SOMEWHERE evolves with an improved design. All your Saved Places are now on the map. Personalize and organize your city. Tap tap GO.
Search is smarter, we are now more accommodating of zbelling mizdagez.
By popular request ‘Replan’ and ‘Reverse’ are more accessible. If you don’t understand this now you will thank us later.
NEAR evolves, with the ‘Everything Map’. Switch to full map view to see all stops, stations, bike docks around you. Toggle between 5/15/60 min walking radii. Turn the subway map lines on/off. Explore, learn and marvel at your city.
An ALARM for underground trips in GO mode. While we figure out how to send you smart alerts offline, we have included an alarm so that you can do so yourself. Our quest to support nappers never ceases.
One of our most requested and debated features: TRAIN CAR EXITS aka Where to Get On/Off the Train. High five! In trips and GO mode we will advise you where (front / middle / back) to get on the train in order to be best positioned to the exit / transfer when you get off. In peak hours this will knock minutes off your journey time and lead to more combined zen in the city.
Ok let’s be honest here. Since there are way too many trains and exits around the world, and we’re far too lazy to do all this work ourselves, we don’t have this data everywhere. Sooooo, we have added the ability for you to help us get this information through ‘Improve Data’ at the bottom of trip pages. Apparently this crowdsourcing thing is all the rage.
Hello HONG KONG. You wish you lived here. But you don’t. If you did, you’d be delighted to learn that we have everything you need to survive the concrete jungle: the MTR, double decker buses, mini buses, ferries, light rail, trams, cycling, cabs and good ol' walking, with real-time information where available.
We’re amazed with how many transit options exist on the island, but we found that open data is not always sufficient or accurate. Sooooo, we fixed and created some of our own data in order to develop the most comprehensive solution that exists for HK today.
Hm. What could we possibly do next?
Several inaccuracies in Manhattan locations
Re: NYC. It's a good idea, and the app does tell you which end of subway platforms to stand on to get you to your destination most quickly, especially for connections to another train or a bus - But! I've tested 10 trips so far & there were errors in 6 of them, small errors in locating starting points or destinations if you search by street address. The app placed specific buildings either on the wrong end of a block or across the street by a small distance. Not big errors, but enough for the app to direct you to the subway stop or bus stop that is farther from your real location, making you walk farther than is necessary. You will get where you want to go but it may not be the shortest route, which the he whole point of this app. HopStop is still best, IMO.
Much better than the competition!
I've used Citymapper in SF and LA and it's done very well in both. Google maps sometimes has more accurate routes and times, so I consult it for a second opinion, but I'll still plug it into Citymapper once I get going so I can have the push notifications when I'm nearing my stop (and have Apple Watch functionality). Citymapper also looks and works much nicer than local transit apps that are specific to their cities.
Worked like a charm in Paris
My daughter and I used this app in Paris. We were able to easily navigate our way, both on foot and using the Metro. I love that it gives you options and nicely integrates public transportation. This was a lifesaver and gave us confidence to roam all over the city. I highly recommend this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 24, 2015
- Version: 5.7
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2015 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.