By TechSmith Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Record it. Break it down. Get better.
Improve your pitcher's fastball, straighten your golf swing, easily break down a volleyball serve, improve soccer skills, or even demonstrate weightlifting form. Coach's Eye makes instant feedback possible on the field or on the go.
VIDEO CAPTURE AND IMPORT
• Record SD or HD videos.
• Import video from your device’s Camera Roll, email, or apps like Dropbox.
• Instant import of videos shared from other Coach's Eye users.
• Keep your videos organized with tagging.
INSTANT VIDEO ANALYSIS
• Instantly review video with slow-motion playback and drawing tools.
• Compare two videos with side-by-side video analysis.
• Slow-motion video review is easy using our flywheel for precise video scrubbing.
• Zoom and pan videos during analysis to see just the details that matter.
• Draw on videos using lines, arrows, circles, squares, and freehand tools.
• Create analysis videos with audio commentary, annotations, and slow-motion.
SIMPLE VIDEO SHARING
• Text Message
• Device Camera Roll
• Other Apps (Dropbox, Edmodo, Evernote, and more).
• Display on a big screen for on-the-spot video analysis in a group setting. (Uses TV / projector through AirPlay and Apple TV, or an HDMI connection.)
EXPLORE THE COMMUNITY
• Find inspiration with popular videos found in our Leaderboard and Staff Picks
• Discover what others are doing around the world with videos on the Map
• View and import videos that were publicly shared by other coaches and athletes.
• Free online account gives you web access to videos you have shared or liked
PREMIUM TOOLS (IN-APP PURCHASES)
• Angle tool: Draw multiple angles in side-by-side comparison videos and in single video analysis. Angles snap into place and can be moved with multitouch. Measure down to the degree with 360 degree range of motion.
• Timer tool: Timers snap into place to mark the important points in your video. See elapsed time and calculate split time. In video playback see time leading up to the key moment.
• Spotlight tool: Focus on the critical moment. Dim the light surrounding the spotlight to put focus on a specific part of your video. Customize the color and zoom to point out the detail. Start showing the most important parts of your video.
Have questions or suggestions? Get in touch with us at: email@example.com
“Coach's Eye is used by most, if not all, freestyle skiing coaches at the World Cup level. It has truly changed the way we coach. We are using Coach's Eye all day, every day.”
—PAT DEENEN SR.: World Cup Skiing Coach, Chairman of USSA Pacific Northwest Division
“Coach's Eye allows us to film and analyze players right on the ice. It is a great tool to use for parents, athletes or coaches to help see their performance in practices and in games!”
—MARCO MARCIANO: Professional Goalie Coach
“Coach’s Eye has removed a barrier to great coaching, and athletes anywhere in the world can now receive feedback from their coaches.”
—DREW DILLON: Columbus Weightlifting
Video doesn't lie. Buy Coach's Eye today and see your performance improve immediately!
What's New in Version 3.4.4
• Record 120fps videos on compatible devices (e.g. iPhone 5s).
• Choose resolution / fps with new camera settings options.
• Added format indicators during camera recording to help you understand what resolution / fps you are recording at.
• Fixed 60fps HD bug (now records 60fps in HD vs SD).
• Misc. tweaks and bug fixes.
Very Poor UI, Account Required
Many issues. Some examples:
- Microphone access and audio are required even you are making a video for a deaf person. Ie, only callouts are needed.
- Recording cannot be paused briefly while you do simple things like set Slow on or off, change the type or color of callouts, or spin the wheel to skip past unwanted segments.
- The Slow on/off control is small and right above the pause playback (the controls on the iPad are stacked and sized as though you're on an iPhone). So, mistakes are clearly captured by your unpaused recording.
- If you're recording and tap the record button absent-mindedly, there's no way to undo your mistake. Your video recording is terminated without confirmation and you can't simply append new video to existing analysis. You either start over or have two videos for a single analysis.
One thing the app description doesn't make clear: you must sign up for an account with Techsmith before the app will let you export videos to your camera roll. Also see older reviews about the license agreement.
Need a full screen mode
I love love love... coaches-eye on the iPad. I am just trying it out on my new Iphone 5s. I love it except for one thing.....
The iphone version has to be designed for the iPhone's screen size in mind. My thoughts are either being able to tap once on the screen to make the menus disappear and/or have the menus translucent/transparent so I can still see the video in the background. This is really a must since the iPhone's screen is so much smaller that the iPad's screen.
Other than that the app seems to have all the functionality of the iPad app. Plus the 120FPS video shooting on the iphone 5s. Great. I am waiting for the ipad5 to come out. For now I will probably still use the iPad version most of the time because of the bigger screen size. I do notice that Coaches-eye takes 120FPS video differently than how the IOS app takes the 120FPS video.
Great teaching tool!
Coach's Eye is a great teaching tool that allows coaches and trainers to show athletes what they are actually doing, not what they think they are doing. The film don't lie! It allows coach to zoom, slow-mo the movement, draw on screen and even record a message for the athlete on the skill they are performing and then send them that copy.
It also allows the coach to share with users via many platforms including: email, text or social media. There are programs out there like this but cost much, much more. Coach's Eye is a must have app for all coaches and trainers. Great Job!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 04, 2013
- Version: 3.4.4
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TechSmith Corporation
- © 2013 TechSmith Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Precision Pack$9.99
- Angle Tool$4.99
- Spotlight Tool$4.99