Murky Reef Lite - 1st - 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Murky Reef is unique in seamlessly blending reading, science, language arts, math and critical thinking skills with interactive and engaging game play ALL in one app!
For ages: 6-9 years,
Also recommended for kids ages 9 years and up with developmental delays.
What people are saying:
-BestAppsForKids.com - 5-STAR rating + Editor's choice award
"I highly recommend Murky Reef; it is an outstanding educational app. There is a good amount of content provided in the lite version. The lite version only made me want the full version even more!"
-Famigo.com - 5-STAR rating & APProved for families
"Murky Reef is one of the best critical thinking apps."
-AppsForHomeSchooling.com gives this app 5-STAR rating
"Murky Reef is an incredibly fun educational app that really draws children right into the action. "
View video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOSK6pwsqk or simply download this app - it is FREE!
- True 21st century multi-media learning using informational text, interactive graphics, audio, curated & safe videos and of course games!
- Interactive play in a coral reef with shark, pufferfish, cleaner fish and more.
- Math & Language Arts content aligned with Common core standards.
- Carefully structured questioning that fosters critical thinking.
- Progress report across activities and across skill set.
- 6 cross-curricular games that are fact-filled and fun in this FREE version. Play 22 games in the full version.
- Thrilling interactions - Make shark teeth fall off, inflate a pufferfish, make an octopus squirt ink, touch jellyfish and more!)
- Win sea creatures and learn tons more about each of them
Topics covered in various games
* Coral reef ecosystem
* Habitat and prey-predator relationship
* Interesting sea animals like pufferfish, cleaner fish etc.
* Sharks - types, habitat, fascinating attributes, body anatomy
* Number sense (Can you count, compare and compose numbers?)
*Arithmetic (Can you add and subtract (1-20) quickly? You can use sea stars and sea snake to figure out the answer!)
* Number patterns (Counting in 2s, 5s, 10s, 100s, forwards & backwards counting. You can surely think up number patterns!)
* Addition grid (Work like a computer. Scan a grid, do mental math, find the answer & be quick!)
In Language Arts:
* Read and then be quizzed on comprehension
* Word families and rhyming words.
* Sight word search (Can you find the word ABOUT lost in this grid of letters? Spell and find!)
* Vocabulary (This app is all about sea creatures. Turtles have “fl_ppers”. What is the missing letter? Think & spell)
* Sentence structure & composition (Sentences start with capitalized letter & may end with a period. Now create a sentence!)
* Game on word synthesis (Do you like anagrams and crosswords? Here is a simplified version for your thriving kid! Challenge her/him!)
* Mental Math
* Math Facts( with & without manipulatives)
* Logical deduction
* Reading and listening comprehension
* Application of knowledge
NOTE on videos: The videos are carefully curated and are kid-friendly. Playing the videos requires Wi-Fi connection.
NOTE to teachers: This app is designed with Bloom's taxonomy in mind as applicable to 5-8 year olds. We have addressed 4 levels of Bloom's taxonomy - knowledge, comprehension, analysis, and application through various activities in this app.
You can learn more about Murky Reef and the design goals behind the games at http://frolyc.tumblr.com/
What's New in Version 2.5
Fixed youtube player issue
Here fishy fishy!
This is a great app! My son learns a lot from it and it has helped us both with the science of sea life. God is truly Amazing. I would recommend this app to anyone. Thank you
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 16, 2013
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nirupama Bala
- © Appwerkz LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.