Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Offline map covering the whole world - for hiking, biking or as city map
- Map data from OpenStreetMap.org
- 3D tilt view, tilt your device and get an instant feeling about the surrounding terrain (not supported on iPhone 3GS). Check out www.mapoutapp.com for more information
- Search for place-marks, streets, mountains, etc. fully offline
- Works on your iPhone and iPad
- Download required regions for offline consumption
- Topological map (elevation data) of the whole world
- Fast and beautiful map rendering (OpenGL accelerated)
- No fixed zoom levels, always a smooth pixel-perfect map
- Simple management and import facilities for GPX, KML tours
- Record your own tours
Continued use of GPS running in the background during recording can dramatically decrease battery life.
Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors (http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright)
What's New in Version 2.4.3
- bug fixes
Best outdoor OSM app
This app is the best I've found for offline use of Open Streetmap data, especially for outdoor and travel use.
Easy to download just the area you need, and small because it's the vector data not image tiles.
Height data used for both contours and height profiles (watch their video, and try holding two fingers on map). 3D tilting mode very useful for seeing the shape of the mountain.
Beautiful and fast, Apple meets Swiss cartography. Well worth the cost, cheaper than one paper map!
Limitations: No way to save a waypoint for later use. Does not offer satellite views. OSM data is good in many places, sometimes the best in out of the way places, but generally not as good as say the French topo maps.
And it nags you about Airplane mode, even though you can now use GPS with this on. (But after you dismiss the message, it does work.)
Difficult to use and missing features
Downloaded this while looking for openstreetmaps compatible apps. There are some awkward UI issues, like how it doesn't automatically download lower levels without explicitly requesting them, or how I can't search for places that I haven't downloaded, even when I have cell service. It lacks satellite views which is a must for some cell/wifi-capable outdoor areas. Also, deleting downloaded data is an all-or-nothing deal.
Overall, I don't see myself using this very much.
I love that it quietly records stuff without needing the display. I was out for 2 hours using it on my iPOD touch with the Bad Elf GPS for lightning, and it just sipped power.
Two things I could wish for: average speed on a saved trip, and the ability to mark, save, and tag a single waypoint.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 2.4.3
- Size: 48.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Valnova GmbH
- © 2013 Valnova GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.