OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive)
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) is the one place for everything in your life. Easily store and share photos, videos, documents, and more. When you upload photos or videos from your iPhone or iPad to OneDrive, you can get to them when you’re on your PC, Mac, tablet, or phone. With OneDrive for iOS, you can easily get to, manage, and share files on the go:
• Automatically upload photos and videos to OneDrive using Camera Backup.
• Browse all your OneDrive files and files shared with you.
• Share files by sending a link in email or getting a link to copy and paste.
• Move, delete, and rename files, and create new folders.
• Open your OneDrive files in other apps, including Office Mobile for iPhone.
• Quickly get to documents you've recently opened.
What's New in Version 4.2
• Improvements to Camera Backup
• Integration with Office apps on iPad
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Update - upload speeds are actually getting worse. It's become almost impossible to use. I like the interface, integration with MS Word, and the price, but it's become almost impossible to use because of upload speeds. I has planned on moving from SugarSync, but no point if upload speeds don't improve. App is always timing out on uploading single doc/photo.
Update again-upload times are ore than double that for Dropbox. Same issue with downloads. I like a lot about the app and drive, but because of speed issues it will never get much use.
Update-uploading is extremely slow. With large files it consistently times out. I ran Dropbox and One Drive at the same time and Drop box times to upload we're less than half that of One Drive. Large files uploaded fine to Dropbox but never ,amazed to upload to One Drive. The same goes for download and thumbnails, Dropbox times are less than half that of One Drive. App functionality has improved but it's still a second rate storage-file system.
Original-App is stable and has basic functionality. Needs password protection and ability to see how much space is in use.
Microsoft has done an outstanding job with this app. It's so fully featured that you can really do everything from it. I especially love the photo and video backups. No more needing to hook up the iPhone to a pc and manually move items over to One Drive to back it up. The ability to share and see what's being shares is great. I really don't have any complaints at all. Well done Microsoft.
Latest update : huge joke.
You begin by being told to SIGN IN, EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY NEVER HAVE SIGNED OUT!
Then, guess what! NO ACCESS. Password doesn't work. Changing password is ONLY option provided within new app update as a response to this lock out. And the CHANGE PASSWORD LINK IS NOT DIRECTLY AVAILABLE BY TAPPING ON A GIVEN PAGE WITHIN THE APP! You are expected to manually type it into a search or copy/paste. (D..U..H !!!)
Then, the joke! After typing the link manually, you are merely taken to a SALES VIDEO WITH "ADD TO CART" at bottom of screen which seeks to sell you an app in order to gain access to your account (which app title ends with the word "PRO")!
Get the joke now? It's on YOU.
OneDrive wants MONEY. And this is how they're avoiding having to reduce their PUNY RATING without further disgracing the app description with an "IN APP PURCHASE" warning.
All my photos are now suspended and imprisoned, just as I suspected OneDrive would eventually do.
Amazing amount of wasted effort.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 25, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.