Crow is the critically acclaimed, story-driven action-adventure for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Combining unique exploration, combat, and game mechanics, Crow takes the player on an exciting journey to faraway lands where an ancient battle is unfolding.
Your choices will forever alter the course of this world. Will you Curse your foes or Spare them and risk the consequences?
Created using Sunside's in-house game platform Radiance, Crow delivers stunning visuals and immersion in a fully 3D world.
*Featured Benchmark Game for Stunning Graphics!
*iPad Game of the Week in over 6 countries!
*Includes high-resolution support for the new iPad!
* Immersive story line
* Meaningful player choice
* Stunning 3D graphics
* Visceral combat
* Sweeping musical score
* Support for the new iPad Retina Display
What reviewers have said:
* Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day - "Crow could be the greatest iPhone game I’ve ever played."
* PC Magazine - The 25 Best iPhone Games - "Crow is a game that beckons you to take a flight through the dark side in an adventure that lets you choose your own path."
* 148Apps - Editor's Choice Award - "Unique is the word for this game."
* TheAppShack - 5/5 - "The gameplay is solid, the atmosphere, graphics, music, and story all blend together perfectly."
* TapByte - 10/10 - "Sunside Games has managed to create a masterpiece of a game."
* AppAdvice - 5/5 - "Crow is one of the best games I have ever played."
* App-score.com - 9/10 - "Crow is one of the most visually stunning games I have seen on iOS. The graphics, music, setting and story all result in an amazing experience."
* iFanzine - 4/5 - "Crow's world is definitely one of the most compelling I've visited on iOS."
* Appolicious Advisor - 5/5 - "Some of the best visuals the iPhone has to offer."
* Mactrast.com - 4/5 - "An Immensely Captivating Dark Adventure for iOS"
Watch the Official Trailer: http://tinyurl.com/crowtrailer
Recommended for the iPad or any recent iPhone/iPod Touch (3gs, iPhone 4, 4s)
More Treats and Goodies!
Ratings and Reviews
This game is a fantastic. As the description and many reviewers indicated, it isn't an action game primarily. It's story driven and you play it for the atmosphere. The graphics are stunning, and the music is epic.
The exploration sections of the game are kind of just mindless item searches...but I still had fun because i enjoyed flying around. I know some don't dig the controls, but I actually liked them. It's a nice sense of flying and you don't have to leave your finger on the screen thankfully as it'd block the great visuals. (I've never played a game where I thought reaching the boundary of the stage was still beautiful).
On the other hand, I found the action sequences to be intense. They were not particularly tough, but they were exciting. The controls change, but it makes sense cause now you need full control over the crow, and it's so fluid (think star fox style, on rails but with free movement).
So bottom line is, the game is awesome. It's a shorter game, but there's a scoring system in the game, so score attacks can flesh out the game, if that's your sort of thing. But more importantly, the game is not meant to be like some fast paced shooter. It's an experience IMO, sorta like playing The Unfinished Swan or The Path, but this is actually more gamey than either of those.
I got this game and finished it in one sitting. It was pretty awesome! The bits in between the flying battles are a bit of a pain, especially when I really wanted to find that one trinket with the story point that was hiding from me. After flying around for a few minutes I got frustrated and just continued onto the battle.
The final boss was so intense as well as a bit of pain at the very end. I loved those fights where you flew around the whole level slicing anything that got in your way. Even if the graphics weren't top notch, it was amazing! I kind of missed that in the final boss. Even though I didn't die, the fight with the final boss and the barons fight as well were a bit of an annoyance.
I was expecting more of an ending cutscene of sorts. Although I don't suppose you could do much when the main character was a crow...
The visuals, the music, the story and the gameplay are incredible. I don't really have much else to say besides that.
It tells such a good story, the soundtrack is fantastic, and it's visually stunning. If you could take this story, and write a book, I'd buy that book.
Heck, if you made it into a movie, I'd buy that movie. It's that good. It's a kind of "cliché" story that's told in a very original way, I don't know how to describe it.
For all those complaining that it didn't hold your interest, that's your fault. This isn't MW3, it's a story-driven RPG. If that's not your type of game, why'd you get it in the first place? Exploration and story are first, and combat is secondary in this game. It's there, but not the focus. Geez.
- Sunside, Inc.
- 283.5 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2012 Sunside Games Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.