The Bard's Tale
By inXile Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
50% OFF!!! On sale at a price so low, even Crazy Thorvald thinks it's crazy! Get it before we come to our senses!
#1 RPG in 75 countries, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China!
Sync your saved games between iOS and Mac!
Includes classic games trilogy!
They said it couldn’t be done… a full-scale massive 3D epic role-playing game on iOS! See why it’s the BIGGEST iOS game ever made!
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions in the iOS version:
• Leaderboards—for accumulated Silver and Experience!
• Achievements—over 50 spread throughout the game!
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across your iOS devices.
• Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Classics Games—includes original classic games The Bard’s Tale 1, 2 & 3.
• Supports 60beat® GamePad.
Universal App with Adaptive Rendering:
For a single low price, play on all your compatible* devices! The Bard’s Tale takes full advantage of your hardware to maximize your experience--including HD resolution and 60Hz video refresh on capable devices.** iOS adaptation by Square One Games.
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
* Compatible with iOS 4.0 and higher on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3rd generation, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad, and iPad2&3.
** HD on iPhone 4S/5, iPad2,Mini,3&4, iPod Touch 5G. Enhanced rendering includes: environment mapping, dynamic water surfaces, full shadow cast, and 60Hz display-refresh (with in-game “Battery Savings” option turned off).
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below.
IT IS HUGE!
Please note: Installation over Wi-Fi can temporarily require as much as 3.4GB of free space on your device.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- Resolves issues with iCloud on iOS 8
- Game now auto-synchronizes last saved file between devices.
- Bug fixes.
As an avid reader first and a gamer second, I'm always complaining about the writing in games - especially in RPGs. When devoting my time to a story-based game, I have this crazy expectation that it will have, you know, some story. And though I realize I'm asking for a lot, I really appreciate it when that story was written by actual writers.
The Bard's Tale absolutely delivers. The narration and dialogue are witty, sarcastic, and simply well done. Extremely self-aware, this top-down action-adventure takes every opportunity to poke and prod at the tropes and stereotypes of both Western Celtic fantasy and RPGs as a whole.
The gameplay itself is a little uncomfortable on the iPad, a bit too hard to see on the iPhone, and generally a touch clunky (it's difficult to do things quickly during combat), but that seems to be the normal price to pay for playing mobile ports of console games. Overall, I'm so impressed with everything else that I don't mind. I'll likely be picking up a copy of the PS2 version next time I see it. For now, this was definitely worth 99 cents.
$2.99 price, got the whole shabang (original three games included)! This is the first time I've played this much talked about game and years after its release I am very impressed with the refreshing take on the beloved RPG genre. Outstanding characters, superb voice acting, memorable NPCs and moments. The first town's blacksmith makes for a believable no-nonsense arms dealer and left a lasting impression on me. In the second town, the blacksmith is not another clone of the first. This is just an example of the uniqueness this game offers. The controls and combat can be sloppy at times but my thumb just might be in the way. Making money is easy and playing a bard for combat adds to the hack and slash adventure. Maps are simple Diablo-Esque, and narration/quests seem to break the monotony. This is the kind of game where I loathe being the protagonist because he's that kind of scoundrel, the kind where you want to dislike the guy who is the "hero" Great game!
The game itself is wonderful, one of the best I've ever played. But the save errors are awful. I'd made it as far as East Dounby but when my device died and didn't save, the data from the save book was corrupted like it usually is, and I've lost my game. Please fix those save errors!
Update: it looks like the saves work fine as long as Autosave is turned off. Still, the corruption errors are irritating and anybody who has Autosave on may lose their save data like me. At the very least, please make it save to multiple slots please.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 14, 2015
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 1.44 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: inXile Entertainment
- © 2004-2012 inXile entertaiment, inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bard Epic Transformation Training$2.99
- Coin Clipping Kit$0.99
- Bard Training$0.99
- Bard Intensive Training$1.99
- Discover Lost Silver Mine$2.99
- Talent Boot Camp$2.99
- Receive Inheritance$0.99
- Best Bow: Ddraig Goch$2.99
- Pouch of Adderstones$0.99
- Best Armor: Armor of Llyr$2.99