Photo Guard: protect your private photos from prying eyes!
By Pavel Tarabrin
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Friends or family taking your iPhone?! If you’re anything like us, you don’t like nosy intruders peeking on the Camera Roll. So Photo Guard will help you make your personal life really personal.
Protecting the images is the thing Photo Guard does perfectly. Drawing an entangled line for a pattern lock is faster than entering a bulky passcode. Besides, it’s not so boring. And if anyone tries to access the locked pictures, Photo Guard makes a shot. Thus it enables you to take precautions against the snoopy ones.
Photo Guard is also the best secure photo manager for your device. You don’t need any other tool to handle your picture library. Easy private albums managing, photos viewing and sharing make Photo Guard perfect for iPhonographers.
Photo Guard ultimate features:
Get the ultimate protection easily
- Photos protection. All your photos are stored within the app. There is no other way to access them
- Easy pattern lock. Drawing the pattern is the fastest and the easiest way to open your personal album
- Break-in attempts logging. Photo Guard captures intruder photos on unsuccessful logins
Manage the images in a couple of taps
- Unlimited personal albums. Handle your photo library and group your images the way you like
- Import and export photos in bulk. Tick off all the images you need and transfer them with a single tap
- Easy image viewing. Built-in viewer with multiple options
- Copy&Paste. Use the clipboard to move pictures between albums
- Rapid shot mode. You are able to instantly make as many photos as you want
Share your feelings in a single tap
- Effortless sending. Share images via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Syncing up. Transfer photos to Mac via iTunes shared folder
• You will be prompted to set up a pattern when you launch Photo Guard for the first time. Remember it well! If you forget the pattern you won’t be able to access your photos.
• Photo Guard will request to use your location when you import photos for the first time. Please select "Allow"; otherwise the app will not be able to access your photo library. It’s an iOS limitation.
• Once you import your photos into the Photo Guard you must delete them from the built-in Photo application manually.
Follow us in Twitter: http://twitter.com/SynapticWave
Join us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/SynapticWave
What's New in Version 1.2
- iPhone 5S support
- iOS 9 support
- fixed bug with new album creation
- some UI improvements
- Not compatible with iOS 11
Good app, issues lately
It's a very handy app that does what it advertises. Unlimited library is a definite plus, and it hasn't crashed on me in ages. The annoying part is that lately, whenever you leave the app or even lock the phone in the app, it basically restarts, and you have to find the album and picture you were looking at again; further, after leaving and viewing the app in the multitasking screen, sometimes the photo you were recently viewing is visible, which undercuts the purpose of the app somewhat. These are only recent problems, and will hopefully be fixed again soon. My only other wish would be the ability to select photos to move or copy to a new album, instead of tediously importing each one back to the camera roll and re-uploading them into the desired album. If these simple things were implemented, it would be an easy 5-star rating for me.
Good APP / Needs Improvements.
In addition to my "wish list" (see below) for some reason the pictures are now out of order. Please fix
I just downloaded this app and I transferred all my pictures over to this app. I wish I had waited before doing so. There are a few enhancements that are needed:
1) Need to be able to turn off the sound when entering pass code/pattern. Very annoying especially when you don't want anyone to hear what you are doing. I know I can mute the phone but what if I forget to turn the sound back on?
2) Should be able to select a cover picture for your photo album cover or select a pic of photos you supply.
3) Should be able to allow videos. My previous app had that and I didn't realize it until I transferred everything over to this one. Please add videos too.
I am not on Twitter nor Facebook so this is my only way to contact you.
It's a pretty great app compared to others. Very easy to use like importing pictures or expiring pictures from your iPhone (etc..). The cover picture for an album is chosen for you which can be distracting but it's just great for storing your pictures or whatever. The pattern lock is kinda noicy but just turn off Ur volume! Overall 4.8 out of 5
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 08, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Tarabrin
- © 2014 Synaptic Wave
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad, and iPod touch.