By Robot Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Mobile Game of the Year winner (2013 D.I.C.E. Awards), featured in App Store’s Best of 2012, nominated for Best Handheld/Mobile Game (2013 Game Developer’s Choice Awards) and past features in App Store's What's Hot and Staff Favorite!
- "Bite size strategy you can't put down" - Touch Arcade, 4.5 Stars
- "It's a ridiculous amount of fun" - 148Apps, 5 Stars; Editor’s Choice
- "What’s important is that you download this ridiculously free app for your iOS device immediately" - Penny Arcade
- "The game looks great, and the diverse amount of units allow for some really creative play." - Nine Over Ten, 5 Stars
Test your skills in this lighthearted battle between friends -- from the makers of Age of Empires and Halo Wars!
Heroic teams have gathered to engage in friendly contests on the Academy playfields. Will your team emerge triumphant?
Enter a world of swords and magic, and challenge friends old and new to a contest of tactics and skill. From the human Council to the mysterious Dark Elves, every team needs a fearless captain to lead them to victory. Only those that leverage their team’s strengths and capitalize on their opponent’s weaknesses will protect their crystal and win the day. The Academy extends a warm welcome to all – whether they’re already heroes, or simply heroes in training!
• Highly accessible turn-based gameplay
• Easy to learn – jump right in and play!
• Play with friends or random opponents
• Colorful light-hearted graphics and sound
• Random playfields keeps battles fresh!
• Get started with the free Council team
• Expand your roster with additional teams!
• Customize your team
• Challenge your Facebook friends!
• Invite your Twitter followers to play!
• Chat with your opponents in-game
• Push notifications alert you to your turns
Follow us on Twitter @HeroAcademy, and visit our Facebook page at HeroAcademyApp!
**Note: Hero Academy is compatible with iPhone 3GS or newer models only.
What's New in Version 1.4.7
Fixed a launch crash
Council Skin Pack: Pokémon
Council Skin Pack: Pokemon
Knight = Dragonite
Dragonite can learn the move Dragon Tail, which attacks the enemy and pushes them out of battle to be replaced with a random teammate.
Archer = Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur can learn the move Seed Bomb, which deals a considerable amount of damage.
Wizard = Pikachu
Pikachu is an electric-type Pokémon.
Cleric = Alomomola
Alomomola, the caring Pokémon, "gently holds injured and weak Pokémon in its fins. Its special membrane heals their wounds." Two of its three possible abilities are healer and regenerator, and it can learn the move Heal Pulse, which heals any Pokémon other than the user.
Ninja = Alakazam
Alakazam can teleport.
Inferno = Electrode
Electrode can learn the move Self-Destruct, which knocks out the user and greatly damages other Pokémon in battle.
Runemetal = X Attack
An X Attack raises the attack of a Pokémon in battle.
Dragonscale = X Defend
An X Defend raises the defense of a Pokémon in battle.
Shining Helm = X Sp. Def
An X Sp. Def raises the special defense, or magical defense, of a Pokémon in battle.
Revive Potion = Revive
A revive recovers a Pokémon from fainting and restores half of their health.
Supercharge = Liechi Berry
A liechi berry increases a Pokémon's attack when their HP is low. More importantly, berries are consumable, and this one raises attack.
Could have a new Pokemon team instead
Cons: needs new maps. Everything else is superb and most of all - fun. It has a nice community of diehard players that make it fun as well. The default tribe, Council, is no pushover to the paid teams. In fact it's one of my favorites. Now, if you think Council is nerfed, and like I said, it's not... You can simply play Council vs. Council with like-minded players and still have a blast. This is a match-by-match game, there is no ongoing saga that in-app purchases are required to proceed or keep up. The maps are simple, the strategy is quite good. The art and animation are very good and have character. This is a BOARD game at its heart. The graphics are perfect for it. Bottom line - a very fun turn-based strategy game well done.
This game needs some love.
I recently reinstalled Hero Academy and was promptly reminded why I uninstalled it in the first place. The app is sorely neglected and in dire need of updating. Push notifications no longer work (and when I emailed the devs about it, they didn't even know the feature was missing from the app), the game crashes far too often, and when it's not crashing, it throws error messages saying that it can't retrieve games. Combined with the complete lack of content updates for more than a year, it's just not really worth playing anymore. And considering I bought a the content in the app and then bought the Steam version for more, I think there should be more content made available. I hope the devs get back to making this the great game that it used to be, because I do miss playing it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 06, 2014
- Version: 1.4.7
- Size: 111 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Robot Entertainment
- © 2012 Robot Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Team: Dark Elves$1.99
- Team: Dwarves$1.99
- Team: Tribe$1.99
- Team: Shaolin$1.99
- Uniform Colors$0.99
- Challenge Collection$0.99
- Avatars: Council Sampler$0.99
- Avatars: Council Elite$2.99
- Avatars: Dark Elf Sampler$0.99
- Avatars: Dark Elf Super$2.99