By Robot Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Mobile Game of the Year winner (2013 D.I.C.E. Awards), featured in App Store’s Best of 2012, nominated for Best Handheld/Mobile Game (2013 Game Developer’s Choice Awards) and past features in App Store's What's Hot and Staff Favorite!
- "Bite size strategy you can't put down" - Touch Arcade, 4.5 Stars
- "It's a ridiculous amount of fun" - 148Apps, 5 Stars; Editor’s Choice
- "What’s important is that you download this ridiculously free app for your iOS device immediately" - Penny Arcade
- "The game looks great, and the diverse amount of units allow for some really creative play." - Nine Over Ten, 5 Stars
Test your skills in this lighthearted battle between friends -- from the makers of Age of Empires and Halo Wars!
Heroic teams have gathered to engage in friendly contests on the Academy playfields. Will your team emerge triumphant?
Enter a world of swords and magic, and challenge friends old and new to a contest of tactics and skill. From the human Council to the mysterious Dark Elves, every team needs a fearless captain to lead them to victory. Only those that leverage their team’s strengths and capitalize on their opponent’s weaknesses will protect their crystal and win the day. The Academy extends a warm welcome to all – whether they’re already heroes, or simply heroes in training!
• Highly accessible turn-based gameplay
• Easy to learn – jump right in and play!
• Play with friends or random opponents
• Colorful light-hearted graphics and sound
• Random playfields keeps battles fresh!
• Get started with the free Council team
• Expand your roster with additional teams!
• Customize your team
• Challenge your Facebook friends!
• Invite your Twitter followers to play!
• Chat with your opponents in-game
• Push notifications alert you to your turns
Follow us on Twitter @HeroAcademy, and visit our Facebook page at HeroAcademyApp!
**Note: Hero Academy is compatible with iPhone 3GS or newer models only.
What's New in Version 1.4.5
iOS7, iPhone5 support added.
Hero Academy is a good, good time!
I have lost track of how long we have been playing, well over a year! Still having fun, still waiting for more teams. This game is fun, very fun! I like playing with friends the most. We also try different rules, but that is a work in progress. The maps are fun. I take exception to the transporter because it is so easy to fool. Your recent upgrade is training challenges and single play: love it! I think you should go back and sneak in more hidden moves or map traps. Anyway, looking forward to new teams! You could charge for the upgrades. :) thank you! Update: months later & still having fun! Bring on the guys with guns! Still going strong! Thank you! Many more months later- so much fun. Input: hate the train map. Would love to see damage commiserate with injuries. The more injured the less destruction they can impart. More teams! Thank you for a great gaming experience!
Almost a complete success
This could easily be the best game I ever own on my iPhone. The game is impeccable on strategy, balance, cleverness and graphics. But it is impossible to play right now.
Network is really bad, long wait on dialogs, weird transitions from push notifications and if you don't close the game you won't get new notifications in current version.
This use to be easily overcome by the cheer joy of the great matches. Now that they joined Steam a bunch of people drop the games mid way though or keep pushing you to play almost real time, which the game doesn't even properly support.
I had this game since almost it's lunch. It's a shame how bad it become simply because of the amount of networking problems, the dropout of good players and the income of uninterested Steam players. This used to be a five star game that I miss so much.
This game is probably HANDS DOWN, the best ios game I have ever played. Keep working towards this game and I can definitely assure you this game will become HUGE one day.
-Friendlist to chat and talk to friends
-Maybe a community chatbox in the game so ppl can meet other people or discuss about strategy
-Frequent updates to balance the teams
--I really feel like the team Team Fortress is really out of place. It just feels like an outsider team compare to the rest. Maybe an option to allow players to choose if they can queue up with a Tf2 team or not?
-A ranking system within the game kind of like a Ladder system to record wins and losses
Thank you for reading :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 07, 2013
- Version: 1.4.5
- Size: 109 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Robot Entertainment
- © 2012 Robot Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Team: Dark Elves$1.99
- Team: Dwarves$1.99
- Team: Tribe$1.99
- Team: Shaolin$1.99
- Uniform Colors$0.99
- Challenge Collection$0.99
- Avatars: Council Sampler$0.99
- Avatars: Council Elite$2.99
- Avatars: Dark Elf Sampler$0.99
- Avatars: Dark Elf Super$2.99