happn is a DATING app with more than 50 million users which allows you to easily find the people you've crossed paths with IN REAL LIFE (yes, those who caught your eye, but you didn't dare to approach)! With happn, we give you the opportunity to create your own luck!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1.When you cross paths with someone in real life who has the happn app, their profile appears on your app.
2. Check your Timeline to find all the profiles you've crossed paths with. For each profile, you can see how many times you've crossed paths, as well as the location and time it happened (no, no need to be a detective)!
3. Fancy someone? Send a secret Like. We promise the other person will not know about it unless they like you too (yes, you might be lucky). Would you like to get noticed? “Say Hi to send a notification! Sending a “Hi” costs one credit.
4. You Like each other? It's a Crush! But wait, that's not it... Find the right words to start a conversation (show off your writing skills)!
5. You can also choose to defy fate and play CrushTime, the game that makes you guess who Liked you amongst four profiles you've recently crossed paths with.
CRUSH IN TOTAL CONFIDENCE
* happn is fully created on a principle of reciprocity: we promise, you'll never receive a message from a profile you are not interested in.
* On happn, confidentiality is also one of our priorities: your location will not be shown to other members.
* Downloading and using the app is FREE!
Well OK, the optional feature to “Say Hi ” is charged, but note however, that a number of “Hi ” notifications are offered to users when signing up.
happn Premium Terms & Conditions
If you choose to purchase a happn Premium subscription, your payment will be made through your iTunes account, and the amount will always be collected 24 hours before the end of each period. Your subscription will automatically be renewed until auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can disable the auto-renew at any time in the iTunes Store Settings. The happn Premium subscription is currently available starting from $22,99 for 1 month. Prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and may be subject to variations in countries outside the U.S. Prices may also be subject to change without notification. Paid subscription to happn Premium is not mandatory. You can continue to use happn for free.
Personal data provided is handled as mentioned in the Terms & Conditions of the happn Confidentiality Policy:
This version includes improvements related to the Hello banner: you can now touch it to hide it.
We have also been hunting bugs and we have asked them kindly to leave.
Feel free to update the app so you can take advantage of all these improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
The idea of this app is interesting but in NYC it can be a bit much. Most of my matches occurred while I was on the train so if there’s an office building with 1,000 users in it, the app will say those people were nearby when they weren’t really. I also received daily alerts and when checking my notifications, there was either had an ad waiting or nothing so I was never sure what the alert was for. I tried to delete “Hi”s from people I didn’t want to respond to and instead of swiping to delete, swiping just “liked” them back which I wasn’t even aware it would do. Especially since the delete button was right next to the like button.
In NYC there were too many people to weed through and the alerts didn’t make any sense and got my hopes up for nothing. Make sure you know exactly how the app works and use it in a less densely populated city where the encounters are meaningful.
Too many ads, not enough safety features
The app would pick up anyone who walked past my house or my office with this app installed — which isn’t necessarily a bad thing because I live in a small city and the app isn’t very popular here. Sometimes, the same match would frequently pass both. One match messaged — and he may have been joking, but I chose not to respond and blocked him — that he knew where I lived based on how frequently he matched with me as he passed by my house during my non-working hours. My complaint is that there were so many ads, and not enough control given to the user over their data and personal safety within the app. This is a premium feature — when it should ABSOLUTELY be standard — and the cost of a premium membership is much too steep for the app that it is. I have used better apps and paid much less for them, and safety is their main concern — you don’t have to pay for safety features in a quality app.
There are better apps out there!
When I first started using this app back in 2015, it looked like a good idea. I normally spend about 99% of my time driving everywhere so my eyes and brain are focused on driving, not checking out people I pass by. This app allows you to go back and see if you’ve passed by another cute. You could also choose to have your profile hidden if you didn’t want someone to purposely pass by your house so they could show up on your feed.
However, as the years went, the hidden profile feature has become a paid service along with a lot of other options. If I had to pay for amount, I would prefer to use other sites with more profile info. Most of the functions now are for paid members only.
To to it off, the profiles are either fake or people claim they want a relationship but message you for hookups. Seriously? If I wanted a hookup, I would have gone elsewhere than to hookup with someone who knows where I live.
- HAPPN SAS
- 160.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2011-2018 happn
- In-App Purchases
- Starter pack - 10 Credits $1.99
- 60 Coins $10.99
- Starter pack - 10 Credits $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.