By Kaiser Permanente
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Managing your health care just got easier with the latest version of our app. The redesign includes a colorful new interface, tools that make it faster and easier to use, and new quick-access menus that let you get advice, schedule appointments, and refill prescriptions. And our improved navigation puts the features and information you need within reach at all times.
• Health plan members can sign into the app using their kp.org user ID and password to access our secure features, including:
• Messages: Email your doctor or Member Services with nonurgent questions, privately and securely.
• Appointments: Schedule, view, and cancel appointments with your doctor’s office and see information about past visits.
• Pharmacy: Refill prescriptions for yourself or another member, check the status of a prescription order, and see a list of all your medications.
• Medical Record: See your health history at your fingertips, including your allergies and immunizations, any ongoing health conditions, and most lab test results.
• Use location finder to pinpoint Kaiser Permanente medical facilities near you or in the city or ZIP code you choose. Narrow your search to include only those facilities offering the services you need, and get directions and phone numbers on the spot.
Don’t have a user ID and password? Visit kp.org online to register for your sign in data (registration is not available via smartphone). If you’re not a Kaiser Permanente member, visit our website to discover the many advantages available to you: flexible and affordable health plans, electronic medical records, the convenience of an integrated network, and industry-leading online tools that let you take control of your health.
What's New in Version 4.5.0
• Touch ID sign-on is now available to members.
• Members can now view historical test results in a graph form.
• Mid-Atlantic and Northwest members can now attend select appointments on their phones via Video Visits.
• Southern California members now have their photo on their digital membership card.
• Northern California members can now view, cancel and reschedule Video Visits.
Good insurance; bad app
I love my Kaiser insurance. But the app seems like it was designed, then never tested. Two examples:
1. Probably the first reason most people want the app is to make a doctors appt. But there's nowhere on the Dashboard to do that! For two years I thought the app didn't allow you to make an appt. I just discovered that there IS a way, it's just not listed on the Homepage Dashboard! You have to go searching thru about 3-4 steps to even find where to begin. Then, it doesn't really work...
2. When you finally get into "make an appt," you can choose either "make an appt within two days" (with whatever dr. is available, I assume). It even tells you the two dates you have to choose from: today or tomorrow. But when you try to do that, there is no way to make it with anyone other than your PC dr; then it says, "no appts available on those dates." Right! That's why I am willing to see any dr- so I can get in, in less than three weeks (the wait for my PC).
So bottom line-- there IS no way to make a short-term appt within the next two days. Which leaves you with two choices: (a) wait three weeks to see your PC, or (b) go to ER.
There's gotta be a better system, Kaiser! Seriously, sit down with an average client and have them try to negotiate this app!
I think I need to just delete it again and go back to using the phone....
Test a little more before releasing
Honestly I never thought Touch ID would see the light of day for KP, so GOOD JOB. However, the implementation is very jenky. There is an awkward pause between it reading my fingerprint and going into the app, with no indication other than the small activity indicator in the status bar. There needs to be some other indication that something is happening. Second, I’m able to paste my password into the field when setting up Touch ID, but the Submit button will not become active. If you allow pasting, then make it work. Lastly, what is up with the weird pill-shaped Agree and Cancel buttons when completing the Touch ID setup process? Doesn’t match any other design pattern in the app.
Touch ID is great!
Thanks for adding Touch ID!
The membership card display would be a nice addition, but I just memorized my 8-digit Kaiser ID and I've never needed to show my card.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 30, 2015
- Version: 4.5.0
- Size: 40.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kaiser Permanente
- © Kaiser Permanente
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.