Soundbeam helps you see what everyday sounds look like and visualizes sounds you can't even hear!
Plug in your electric guitar, a mic or any other (hi-Z) device to your mini-jack input and get accurate measurements. You can always use the built-in mic.
We paired stylish controls and an old-school interface with high precision signal processing algorithms, creating a new way to experience sound.
Soundbeam is an real-time audio analyzer (RTA) that processes the input of your microphone displaying it like a classic oscilloscope. It also features a spectral visualization of the audio using high resolution fourier transform (FFT) for accurate measurements.
Get a dose of nostalgia with Soundbeam now!
* Spectrum and waveform views
* Recording functionality
* Gesture support for frequency range and intensity levels adjustment
* Visualization controls
* ...and one more thing! Plug in your headset or guitar and watch what happens!
* While in "spectrum mode", pinch the monitor vertically or horizontally to change frequency range and intensity levels respectively. You can also pan the soundwave with one finger.
* In "waveform mode" pinch the screen vertically to adjust intensity levels.
* Double tap on the screen to reset view.
* Tap & slide the intensity knob horizontally to adjust it.
* Fixes crash when trying to save and image or a video of a recording.
* Gestures in the Help view now work properly.
Ratings and Reviews
Hey, onethat works!! I can zoom on a pip and monitor just it. My wife and I were wondering what the huge signal at 15Khz was. I covered the mic and it went away, so we started turning things off... Not the fluorescent light... Ahh it went away when the TV was turned off. Like having our own private fox hunt. I have video of me measuring my brain activity!!! I put the mic to my forhead an the sugnal FLATLINED!!! My wife bout fell out of her chair laughing!!
Can you make it save and record? Love the imagecapture feature too!
ONE OF A KIND
Absolutely LOVE Soundbeam and especially appreciate the ability to record and save audio + video. My two requests are: enable longer recordings (IAP for this function would be welcome and purchased immediately) and (far less important) the ability to adjust background color from the default aqua-green. Regardless Soundbeam is awesome as-is.
Great and fun app
This is really cool if you're an engineer or geek. Well worth $.99..
I'm sure the iPhone's mic has a certain frequency range, but does it really cutoff at 100hz? Would be nice if it could go lower, preferably down to 20 or so hz, which I'm sure the mic isn't capable of. Maybe with an external mic the scale could shift down to 10hz?
Please make it as low as possible!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.