With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
Fixed an issue where the app would get stuck at a login screen with no Steam Guard code after resuming from the background.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for checking the Steam store..
This is a good functional app which I've been using since it's release. Once you get used to the somewhat clunky GUI, it's very good at tracking the store sale of the day as well as the big sales, and your library. I don't use it for any other deeper functions or communicating with friends or anything else, so I don't know whether all the additional features work. I did try remotely installing a game after purchase, and I know for a fact my pc was turned on and had Steam running...but the game install request simply did not queue up in the Downloads area on the PC. That's first world software problem though... the store purchases work fine and quickly, which is the important part.
My only suggestion I have is to please please please add 'swipe back' browsing gestures. It's annoying that the back button must still be used while browsing the store all this time later as iPhone processing power effectively doubles each year. We don't need pinch turn or any other fancy gestures which no one uses...we need reliable 'swipe back' though.
I downloaded the app 3 days ago to remove the automatic hold for items listed on the steam market. Download went well, app worked great, once I attempted to setup the mobile Authenticator I pressed the "back" option on the upper tab because the codes weren't loading (don't do this) and once I tried to go back it wouldn't let me because I had already authorized a device. So I de
-authorize all my devices through the steam computer application, sign out of the mobile app and sign back in and sign up for steam guard. I log into the app again and it's working this time, however I realize I'm now blocked for 15 days FOR EVERYTHING ON THE STEAM MARKET! Reading on the steam help page there is no way around this 15 day hold. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!
Please give more specific instructions about de-authorizing devices and the consequences of doing so and remove the "back" (>) tab on the mobile guard section as to not lock yourself out. 15 days because I reauthorized the same device is crazy. Please explain the codes automatically appear on your device and you don't have to de-authorize to get these codes. Please explain how and what the codes are and when you enter them.
Terrible Customer Experience
Basically, all I wanted to do was to sell the useless cards that have accumulated in my Steam inventory. So, I pick an item I want to sell, click about four buttons to confirm that I want to sell it, and then have to log in to my email to confirm that I want to sell some card for 5 cents. Job done, right? Well, no. Now the 5 cent card is on hold, and to "remove the need for placing a market item on hold," Steam tells me I should use the Mobile Authenticator. What's that? Well, it's the mobile app. So, I download the app, authenticate IT through my email, search online for where the "Mobile Authenticator" is in the app (the name in the app is "Steam Guard," not "Mobile Authenticator") and the items are STILL on hold. Apparently I have to keep this app on my phone for 7 days before I have the privilege of selling a useless 5 cent card. No thanks. I am done with this. Maybe just let me sell this useless junk in the Steam program on my computer? I have no need for a Steam app taking up space on my phone. I'm going to think twice before buying anything on Steam thanks to this customer service experience.
- Valve Corporation
- 12.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2015 Valve Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.