The Simpsons™: Tapped Out
By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THIS GAME IS LIFE-RUININGLY FUN! Homer accidently caused a meltdown that wiped out Springfield. D’OH! Now, it’s up to you to rebuild it! From the writers of The Simpsons, tap into a city building game that lets you create your own living, breathing Springfield... for FREE.
*This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info.
**Because of its many features, we recommend connecting to WiFi the first time you launch this game. Please be patient while it loads (we promise it’s worth the wait).
HOW FUN IS IT? LET US COUNT THE WAYS!
1. First, you can get it for free!
2. Make Springfield just like you want it.
3. Help Homer find Marge, Bart, and the rest of his family and friends! (Ned Flanders, too.)
4. Complete tasks to earn… mmm, donuts!
5. Make Apu work ridiculously long shifts at Kwik-E-Mart.
6. Grow and harvest Tomacco on Cletus’s Farm.
7. Party down with Duffman at Duff Brewery.
8. See how your Indolence, Consumerism, and Gluttony stack up on the Conform-o-meter.
9. Enjoy exclusive, never-before-seen animated scenes sure to please fans of TV’s longest-running comedy.
10. Visit your friends’ Springfields, play pranks, and collect cash.
11. And did we mention… it’s free to play?
SPRINGFIELD NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD
With HD graphics made for the Retina display, you’ll get an eyeful of greener greens, yellower yellows, and more.
IS THAT ALL? Of course not! Did you know that you can even play this game in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese?
But who wants to read all this text on an iPhone screen? So you should CHECK OUT THE SCREENSHOTS because the screenshots really sell it… even though we really don’t have to sell this game… because it’s FREE!
Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.
- Play on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s iPad, iPad 2, iPod touch 3 (3rd generation) or iPod touch (4th generation).
What's New in Version 4.8.0
Springfield has been invaded by ravenous, bloodthirsty…bunnies? Nobody panic – just put down your whacking stick, grab a bunny stunner, and if we’re lucky we’ll get out alive.
EGGS: Collect and trade eggs for prize-filled Easter Boxes.
CHARACTERS: Plan a cat coup with Crazy Cat Lady and help Father Sean make Catholicism cool.
BUILDINGS: Get casually clad at the Banana Dictatorship and party at Johnny Fiestas.
QUESTS: Bunnies laying eggs? Can Lisa get to the bottom of this biological mystery?
"Life ruiningly fun"
Update: after 2 years, I still LOVE this game! No other freemium has kept my attention nearly as completely. That being said, some fairly serious problems have arisen.
1. Inventory management is a CHORE! Seriously, I have to scroll through HUNDREDS of items to find the one I'm looking for which could take several minutes. They need to add filters an a new interface to make item management easier.
2. Because of the new roulette system for getting Special event items, I end up with a TON of junk that I CAN'T DELETE! I get preventing accidental erasure of limited release items but I don't need 15 valentines fountains. Please let me delete them!
3 redesigning Springfield is a pain! It takes several hours to do it well and part of that is due to having to pick up each and every piece of fence or shrub one at a time. It needs to work more like roads. Also, there needs to be one button that allows you to pick up everything and start building from a blank Springfield.
These problems haven't kept me from playing, they just make it harder to enjoy at certain times.
Original: I've been playing since this game launched in 2012 and I can say that it is the most fun you'll have tapping on little Simpsons characters...if you pick up this game, you might not put it down for YEARS.
Still play this after 2 years
This game is worth playing. It's funny how i hate village building apps, but love this one. I mean, they totally admit that village games are boring. That's kinda why this game is amazing. If you love the Simpsons, or just plain humor, then you should download this. Another great thing about this app is that it's funny. You won't get bored too quickly. I admit I've had my ups and downs with this app. I've abandoned it sometimes, for a week or two, but I always get back on my feet. I love the Updates, too. The creators of this just don't give up. Yes, there's the "rare money" (donuts) like in every games of this type, and yes, a lot of items consist of this "rare money" to get, but it doesn't really matter. You can still build a great Springfield without them. Also, a lot of people are going crazy over the new Family Guy app. Well let's be honest, the creators of the Family Guy app based it on Tapped Out. What next? Bikini Bottom builder? Really, let's just enjoy The Simpsons Tapped Out, and stop stealing their ideas. I've been playing this game since it came out, and still play it. And no, I'm not a no life if you wonder. I just really enjoy this app, and so will you.
Simple game with rich characters and thoughtful character development. It's been fun watching the new Simpson episode Sunday evening to see how they tie the content of the game into the new show. It's rather demanding on your hard drive space since they're constantly inventing new narratives. I might spend 10 minutes playing once or twice a day. But I've really been pretty good about not missing a day. It takes a decent amount of time over a number of days sometimes. I actually made a bad decision and now it's going to take another two months to get through one leg of an epic mini adventure. Doah!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 15, 2014
- Version: 4.8.0
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Electronic Arts Inc.
- Game software © 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. The Simpsons™ and © 2013 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Golden Scratch-R$0.99
- Truckload of 300 Donuts$19.99
- Stack of 60 Donuts$4.99
- Tray of 132 Donuts$9.99
- Dozen Donuts$1.99
- Store Full of 900 Donuts$49.99
- Boatload of 2400 Donuts$99.99
- Truckload of 300 Old Donuts$14.99
- Stack of 60 Old Donuts$3.99
- Tray of 132 Old Donuts$7.99