Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language make developing apps easier and more fun than ever before.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, Swift and Objective-C compilers, Instruments analysis tool, simulators, the latest SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features:
Innovative tools help you create great apps
• Swift is a revolutionary programming language that is safe, fast, and modern
• Playgrounds are a fun way to experiment and interact with Swift code
• Interface Builder displays pixel-perfect UI for each target device and can edit at any zoom level
• View debugging shows a 3D stack of all your app's UI view layers at runtime
• Assistant editors show content related to your primary task
• Live Issues display errors as you type, and Fix-its can correct mistakes for you
Swift is a powerful, modern, and fun programming language
• Safe by design, Swift syntax and features prevent entire categories of bugs
• Fast code execution and compile time are powered by the proven LLVM compiler
• Modern language features are inspired by leading research, including:
- Closures unified with function pointers
- Tuples and multiple return values
- Structs as value types that support methods, extensions, protocols
- Powerful protocols that can extend functionality throughout your codebase
- Functional programming patterns including map and filter
Interface Builder makes it easy to design your interface without code
• Storyboards let you arrange the complete flow of screens within your app
• See your custom controls rendered live within the design canvas
• Customize your interface for different devices, screen sizes, and orientations
• StackViews make it easy to reason about the layout of each section of your interface
• Create connections from your GUI design directly to the related source code
Professional editor and debugger keep your code front and center
• Hit a few keys and Open Quickly will instantly open any file within your project
• Message bubbles show errors, warnings, and other issues right beside your code
• Data tips show a variable's value by hovering your mouse over the code
• Quick Look variables while debugging to see the actual color, bezier path, image, and more
• Third party app extensions can add new capabilities to the source editor
Test driven development is built right in
• Use the Test Navigator to add, edit, or run unit tests or user interface tests with just a click
• Test Assistant makes it easy to edit your code and related tests, side-by-side
• Create continuous integration bots using macOS Server to automatically build and test your apps
• Monitor performance and user interface test data using macOS Server to immediately spot regressions
• Analyzer travels countless code paths looking for logical errors before they become bugs
Instruments makes performance analysis beautiful
• Compare CPU, disk, memory, and OpenGL performance as graphical tracks over time
• Identify performance bottlenecks, then dive deep into the code to uncover the cause
• Monitor your app directly, or sample the entire system, with very little overhead
To test or deploy applications on an iOS device, Apple TV, or on Apple Watch all you need is a free Apple ID. To submit your apps to the App Store you must be a member of the Apple Developer Program. Continuous integration features require a current version of macOS Server. Some features may require Internet access.
What's New in Version 9.2
Xcode 9.2 includes Swift 4 and SDKs for iOS 11.2, watchOS 4.2, tvOS 11.2, and macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
• Updates to the latest platform SDKs
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
If I could give XCode 9.2 -10 Stars I would. KEEPS GETTING WORSE!!!
STOP BREAKING STUFF PLEASE!!!! I am currently beging my second install of XCode 9.2 after the first version completely broke HomeKit in the simulator, and also cleared the current install of my app in the simualtor. I thought the last release was bad. Now you are making it impossible fro me to even use Xcode and the HomeKit simulator because you have to create a new home each time the simuatlor is quit. Because of how awful XCode is and the Simulator are from a stability standpoint, these app crash very frequently, so this make developement of a HomeKit app, near impossible. On top of that when i tried to login with an iCloud account in the simualtor it creashed the settings app two times. Every release is just getting worse here guys. This is not how you inspire developers. This is garbage!!!!
Apple has lost its ability to make quality products, hardware or SOFTWARE. I find it hilarious they want to have an App Store filled with high quality apps but give us garbage software to do it with. I have been developing for Apple for 10 years and the process is currently at its worst and this software is unusable. It is fairly embarrassing. I feel Steve rolling over in his grave. The person in charge of Xcode needs to be fired, because he/she is terrible at their job. I have sent Apple a bill for the time they have added to my projects with 9.0 and above. I’m not expecting it to get paid.
Simulator is too slow to use
Sorry to report but the simulator which for me is a major convenience during rapid testing has now become virtually unusable. The previous version ran fairly smooth on my macbook pro with only about a 10FPS difference than on device. However the new simulator is so slow now that it runs at around 5 FPS total which is not pratcial to test anything. It is 10X slower to even start the application than on device. Now I must use a device and cable for all of my develpment.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 9.2
- Size: 5.50 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 1999–2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12.6 or later