By Evolution Games LLP
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“It is a beautifully done app that takes you on a virtual tour of one of the greatest collections of paintings in the world.” - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
Virtual tour of the art galleries of the Louvre - you will find here the most famous paintings of the museum:
- "Mona Lisa" by Leonardo da Vinci
- “The Coronation of Napoleon I” by Jacques-Louis David
- "Marriage in Cana" by Veronese
- "The Lacemaker" by Vermeer
Our app guides you through the treasures of the museum, where you can enjoy the masterpieces of world art and become more erudite.
“It's the best. I would recommend it to anyone. Great way to enjoy great art collections. I absolutely love it!” – andrerem
“It's a wonderful treasury for the all ages people.” - El Diamante
“A very nice introduction to the paintings of the Louvre. A valuable resource to art education.” - AzinFrance
- 2300 paintings of more than 800 masters of painting
- Separation of paintings by genres and authors
- Download of paintings in high resolution
- Access to HD versions of paintings
- Public paintings on Facebook
- Convenient search for paintings
- Adding paintings to My favorites
- Custom works filter
- Slideshow Mode
- Download paintings for the offline viewing
- Zoom of Paintings
What's New in Version 4.4
Famous paintings articles
Almost better than being there
I went to the louvre a few months ago and saw some great pictures but many were too high on the wall or had reflections or glaring light from windows on them. These pictures have none of these problems. I love this app and its sister apps. There are a few duplicates and some that were doctored color or brightness to try and fix poor images but on the whole you can't find better. You can even download HD images.
Apps like this are perfect examples of why I must have an iPad sized screen instead of a smaller iPhone. Thank you Louvre! And thank you so much for all your obvious work and effort on this app so everyone can see and enjoy. And to all the dead guys hanging on the wall in your museum: "Thanks for all your hard work too. Bravo!"
In 1991 I visited Paris with high hopes of seeing the artwork in the louvre. My dreams were crushed because the workers were on strike and the museum was closed. Now instead of planning and paying for another trip, I can just see the artwork from my phone. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but far more reliable than French museum workers.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 126 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Evolution Games LLP
- © Macsoftex
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.