Paper by FiftyThree
By FiftyThree, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Paper® is the immersive sketching app for capturing ideas anywhere. Over 25 million people have found their personal creative space in Paper—handwriting notes, drafting, diagramming, sketching, and giving form to their vision.
FIND YOUR FLOW
Sketch, draw, diagram, color, write notes: No matter what the inspiration, you can get it down on Paper. Capture your ideas in beautiful, 3D Journals that keep you focused and in your creative flow. Fast, gesture-based navigation makes it easy and natural to use Paper. Easily move your ideas into Paste, our app for creative teams.
SKETCH WITH CONFIDENCE
Every tool tuned to perfection: draw, sketch, outline, write, color, diagram, cut, fill, and mix. Auto-correction snaps rough drawings to straight lines and crisp shapes for quickly drafting architectures and diagrams. Drop in templates like grid, lines, and storyboard to help structure your ideas.
WORK ON THE IDEA, NOT THE TOOL
Paper’s simple, quiet interface and gestural navigation offer you space to create without the distraction of controls and sliders. Pencil and touch superpowers let you draw, cut, and move without switching modes. Drag to easily rearrange pages, group notes with sketches, annotate photos, even "undo" with a gesture and stay in the flow.
YOUR IDEAS, YOUR WORLD
Arrange your personal set of Journals with beautiful covers to customize your creative space. Expand your pages to view them as a grid for easy organization.
BECOME A PRO
Take your creativity to the next level. Get additional tools and features by subscribing to Paper Pro. Subscription is optional, and you can cancel anytime. To subscribe, visit the Paper Pro section in the Settings menu.
Paper Pro is an optional renewing 6-month subscription. You can cancel at any time.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account once you confirm the purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To opt out, you must turn off the auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Manage changes to your subscription in the iTunes Account Settings.
* Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a Paper Pro subscription.
Love Paper? Please leave a review! We read every comment, review, and tweet, and your thoughts and suggestions are taken into serious consideration as we continue to evolve Paper.
If you need help or want to share feedback, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service: http://www.fiftythree.com/legal/terms
What's New in Version 4.0.4
4.04 contains these fixes:
- Paper would always reset to the first color palette. Now Paper keeps your palette in place.
- Tapping on the canvas would sometimes cause a Cut action. All fixed. Now your taps are just taps.
- Tap-to-fill and tap-to-cut Smart Shapes was unreliable, especially when using Apple Pencil. Both of those actions are easier now.
- Tossing a cut region to delete it is a fast and fun way to delete things. Now you can do it even if you're zoomed in.
- When using a stylus, if your finger was set to Draw, Paper would blend instead. We fixed that.
- Check out our updated support site: support.fiftythree.com
- Journal list view and search: Quickly jump to any journal, even if you've got a few hundred of them. (All users)
- Custom imported cover images: Add your own image to any journal cover. (All users)
- Scale, rotate, and move imported images. (All users)
- Reorder Journals (All users)
- Multi-select in Grid View w/ delete, export, duplicate and rotate actions (All users)
- Zoom dot grid (All users)
Paper 4.0 is entirely rebuilt, reworked with SceneKit to be even more beautifully simple.
* An all-new look and feel for Paper
* Arrange sketches and notes into 3D journal view: a personal set of notebooks
* Group notes with sketches and annotate your photos
* Beautiful covers to customize your workspace
* Your notebooks transform into grids for easy organization
* Support for Split View and all device orientations
* Optimized for iPhone X, all iPad Pro, and Apple Pencil
* Paper Patron is now Paper Pro
* Works with Paste for building stories with your team
EDIT: I have used paper for a few years now to organize my meeting notes. I do not like the last update. I can’t figure out how to reorder the Journals. The gigantic journal images add nothing to the experience, and makes it cumbersome to navigate. The pay-for subscription pro features don’t add any value at all other than useless aesthetics. I’m used to looking for controls where they use to be and they are just not as easy to use now. I really liked the app before because it was simple and useful. I am thankful for the app that it used to be, but unfortunately, this just does not work for me anymore. I’m going to have to switch to Notability or OneNote.
ORIGINAL: I use it on my iPad Pro to keep notes throughout the day and during meetings. I also use it to create flow diagrams and network topology diagrams. It's super-useful to whiteboard during WeEx meetings (use QuickTime to share the iPad screen content).
I tried a few other apps (including OneNote) and like this the App best for the purposes I listed above. It's handy to organize by grids. I also have it on my iPhone so I can refer to notes etc taken earlier if I don't have my iPad with me. I made a vow not to have any paper notepads anymore after I got this app. Now notes are never misplaced. Saves paper clutter, too. Apps like this are justification to purchase an iPad Pro. Great app.
Update Dec 14, 2017
I haven't updated this app since they first took away the journals. While I'm thrilled to see the journals returned, it would be nice to be able to import our own images for covers :) I understand it might be a shock for "newer" users, (damned if you do, damned if you don't) but this concept of storing our art into journals was one of the main things that made paper such a loved drawing app from the beginning. It is nice to feel like we are actually being listened to now, hopefully his will be the first step towards a better relationship with the developers and their customers.
Update Dec 19, 2015
I'm also a bit suspicious seeing these sudden 5 star reviews, maybe for a new user it is a cool app, but seriously... To the developers, I think it's fine you wanna move forward with function and design, but why not just make a simple option to make it so people can revert their interface (for free I might add) back to the original concept? I loved this app, but it's just hard to "want" to use it after this new makeover.
Old review: I was so excited to check out the new updates after using Paper 53 for a few years, only to be mortified to see that my well organized collection of virtual sketchbooks are now replaced by a headache inducing clutter of messy "papers". While most of the updates seem cool, I agree that this UI update is a big turnoff.
Latest update makes it less usable
I used to use this app for most of my doodles but the latest update has introduced changes to the UI that make it difficult to use. Examples: undo/redo moved from being in the tool drawer with all your other tools to the far removed upper right corner, and shrunk in size, making it harder and take longer to tap on. Inside a book you can now only see a single illustration at a time instead of thumbnails of all of them, making it tedious and irritating to find a drawing in a book with many drawings. Loading a drawing did not go into edit mode unless you tapped the edit icon but now loading a drawing always makes it immediately editable with no button for display only?! The movement of the color palette from a grid on the right to a single row of smaller icons across the top is also not a good change.
53, please make the app better with updates, not worse.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 103 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: FiftyThree, Inc.
- © 2017 FiftyThree Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Paper Pro$5.99