Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PHILIPS In.Sight wireless home monitor lets you keep an eye on your home while you are away. Watch what’s going on at home from anywhere, using your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. It is easy to set up and will tell you when it detects motion or noise, giving you total peace of mind.
The In.Sight app is dedicated to work with Philips In.Sight wireless home monitors, giving you audio and video via Edge, 3G, LTE or Wi-Fi networks. When you’re on the go, or simply in another room at home, this app lets you see everything that the Philips In.Sight wireless home monitors see. Now you can:
• Check your home while you are away
• Watch your baby sleep
• See what the kids are up to
• Watch how your dog or cat is doing
Working seamlessly with the Philips In.Sight wireless home monitor, this app lets you:
• Set up a free Philips account for highly secure access to your In.Sight wireless home monitor with both audio and video information
• Watch over your home on your iPhone,iPad or iPod Touch
• Instant monitoring from your iPhone,iPad or iPod Touch
• View multiple In.Sight wireless home monitors, which can be placed at home, in your holiday residence or anywhere else
• Records videos, and automatically uploaded to your private Dropbox account
• Turn on motion and/or noise detection, and receive alerts via push notifications when events occur
• Share your monitor views with others easily, offering great convenience when you want others to help watch over your home
• Take pictures via the monitor and save them on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
The Philips In.Sight wireless home monitor is armed with these features:
Stay close to loved ones when you're on the move
• Wi-Fi monitor can be placed anywhere around your home
• Instant monitoring from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
• View the video via web browser such as Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer
Secure and easy to set up
• Quick and easy set-up of Wi-Fi monitor via QR code
• Watch up to 16 monitors with one app
• Easily adjust viewing direction of monitor
• Extra wall mount for the best possible monitor placement
• Encrypted direct networking for secure connection
Phone alerts and noise/motion detection
• Built-in noise and motion detection technology
• Phone alerts when monitor detects noise/motion
• Recordings uploaded to your private Dropbox channel
How to set up Philips InSight wireless monitor M100 & B120?
What's New in Version 2.3.0
- Improved the live streaming performance
- Bug fixes
Completely adequate, can be improved with software
I have use this product for about one week on iPad and iPhone (version 2.3.0), and I am very satisfied, despite its quirks, which I will list here (in hopes that they will be fixed in a future version):
* iPhone/iPad follows the default screen lock time. Please add the ability to keep app open indefinitely, like other video-playing apps.
* Night Vision mode only work for 10 minutes at a time (and delivers annoying messages before and after entering Night Vision mode). If it is night time, I will need to use it from sun-down until sun-up. This has been the most annoying bug of all.
* iPhone version has the ability to click a microphone icon and "speak" through the camera unit. The iPad has the same icon, but it doesn't seem to work.
* It is not clear how to enter full screen mode in the iPad version. Random taps on the screen seem to activate it.
* Not really clear on what Always Listening mode means.
* Must quit app and re-launch each time device is put to sleep. It either freezes or crashes otherwise.
Despite these annoying and fixable problems, I would recommend this product. The video quality is just SD, not HD (despite the name of the product), but you can very easily see enough detail to know if your baby is asleep/awake/moving/missing?/in distress. I haven't tried to capture a picture or video, but I would prefer a better camera (even the iPhone camera) for that.
Good Entry Level Product
I'm a really demanding consumer so take this comment in that context! This is a good app which without the subscription option is designed to capture video and sound recordings in 15 sec sequences triggered by movement or sound thresholds and depending on the configuration the owner sets, send notification alerts. Its a mistake to confuse this with a high end security product because the configuration options are limited, i.e. tough luck if the action you need to capture takes place 40 secs after the initial sequence! The video quality and sound are astounding! On one occasion while abroad I was alerted to my wife choking in the kitchen some 40ft and 2 rooms away from the camera and was able to call my daughter to go help!! It's my hope that this becomes a platform Philips extends by adding other cameras (outdoor?) and options (wired as well as wireless??).
Useless, waste of money
We bought this camera to use as a baby monitor a few months ago. And when we first started using it was decent. Sometimes it was a little slow to upload the streaming and would require you to close out of the app and reopen. But overall it met our needs.
However after the last app update the features that we most need -the always listening and the night vision - are gone. Also gone now are the temperature and humidity readings, the streaming is slower and the app crashes - rendering this product useless and a complete waste of money as we have had to go out and buy another baby monitor. we went on their support forums and saw where others had complained about similar issues. Phillips has neither rolled back this update nor put out a new one addressing these issues. I have never been this dissatisfied with a purchase.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 01, 2013
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 26.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss German, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Philips Consumer Lifestyle, B.V.
- ©2013 Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- In.Sight pro-account subscription$24.99