• The ePaper is a full replica edition including articles and pages as they appeared in print, including the Sunday Comics.
• The ePaper is free for Boston Globe digital subscribers and many print subscribers. Simply sign-in using your BostonGlobe.com account.
• To connect your BostonGlobe.com account, enter your Boston Globe account information on the Subscriber Login page.
• One-month subscriptions are available for $29.99 per month. One-month subscriptions automatically renew at $29.99 per month until cancelled*
• Read stories in the Page view or Article view.
• Share articles via email and social media.
• Recent back issues are available for download from the archive by tapping or swiping "Archive".
*Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Visual and Performance Updates.
Ratings and Reviews
“Words can't describe just how bad this app is. Downloads get hung up so that one can be waiting days for issues that never show up. The Globe should be embarrassed that it's name is associated with this piece of junk. Don't buy it.”
I wrote the above review several years ago and have been assured by the Globe that the app will be improved. Now, two years later, nothing has changed, and it’s still a pig. More often than not, the paper’s already slow down-load never finishes, and I say the hell with it, and never get to read the paper. How the Globe allows this to happen is incomprehensible.
Ok, it’s September, 2018, two years after I wrote the above reviews. The new app is out, and I find it much improved. In fact, I’m now reading the Globe again. The only downside is a somewhat inconsistent page turning when I swipe left, but that may be my technique. It took a while but the Globe May have mended its ways.
Because I can't give it zero stars (update)
Update: New app is vastly improved. Thanks for listening, Mr. Henry. How do you delete previously read old editions? Btw - Alex Cora is a nice upgrade, too!
Up at five no e-paper yet again. Writing this at 6:15 still no e-paper. Did the usual delete and reinstall of app - still no luck. Yesterday app crashed froze my iPad and caused me to do yet another delete and re-install to get paper. Oh, if only I could get the hours of my life back that I've spent messing with the worst app I have ever used. Please Mr. Henry, think about your customers and their experience!
New version superb
The new app that appeared in mid-August 2018 is hugely improved. It's now the best newspaper app that I'm aware of.
In the past the Globe had two big advantages: it looked on the screen the way it does on paper, and the whole edition downloaded once, so that it could be read offline. But navigating the pages was often a chore, especially on my slower 3rd generation iPad.
Somehow all those problems have been fixed. Now it's a breeze, easier than paper.
- Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
- 53.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Finnish, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Boston Globe Media Partners, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Boston Globe $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.