Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
By Overhaul Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition also offers the following premium content available for purchase:
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
What's New in Version 1.3
- Added support for iPhone
- Added "Font Size" to Graphics Options (changing this during play will empty the combat log)
- While viewing a mage's Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)
- Spell scrolls that can be written into a spellbook for the current character now display a green-tinted overlay
- Non-friendly NPCs that are Blinded will no longer stand still; they will wander aimlessly until they are close enough to see someone worth attacking
- Drizzt is now properly equipped with his scimitars, and has been recolored to match his description in the books
- All golems in the game now possess appropriate immunities to Poison, Charm, Hold, Fear, Sleep, and Backstab
- Luck spell no longer erases character's weapon proficiencies
- Improvements to Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Polish, and Turkish languages
- Hundreds of general gameplay improvements
Great port!!! iPad and iPhone!!!!
Edit: just played on the iPhone...still love it. Good and much needed enhancement to picking the chat (should do it like that on the iPad as well). Yup it's small on the iPhone...but who cares..just mirror it to the TV or get a iPhone 6+...thank you for bringing it to the iPhone!!!!
Edit to add to iPhone version: two things. You can adjust text size in settings so that is a non issue. Also, yes there is a glitch where if you drop the sidebars they don't go back up. Until there is a fix YOU CAN UTILIZE THE ZOOM FEATURE IN ACCESSIBILITY AND ZOOM INTO THE CORNER TO RAISE THE SIDEBARS .
It's nearly a perfect port... Must buy if you are an RPG fan!!! The targeting and movement is a little ultra sensitive but not that big of a deal. Pause in combat and get it straight then go forth. This port deserves 5 stars regardless. Still 15 years later it is the best RPG I've ever played. Killin it!!!!!
Great game, solid port
I never played BG before so this was my first exposure to the series.
I think the developers have managed a solid port of a great game, and continue working on crushing bugs and making user interface improvements (like highlighting spells you can write to your spell book in green).
Yes, there are interface issues and bugs (a problem with sidebar menus permanently disappearing in a prior version, thus breaking the game, put me off of it for a while. Also *mild spoilers* the regen rate on a particular ship-based lycanthrope seems bugged and required more than a little luck to overcome.) And the iPad experience will never be as smooth interface wise as full keyboard and mouse with keyboard shortcuts. But I find that the current state of the game (which is fairly low on bugs), and the convenience of having this game on my iPad wherever I go, is worth the trade off.
Let me also say though, as an iPad and iPhone owner, that I can't imagine playing this game on an iPhone, even a 6 plus. Even smaller ipad is an issue due to targeting IMHO, though it's doable.
Also, i wish they would implement iCloud saves so you could access your saves from multiple devices easily.
The DLC is a bit spendy for what you get but I got it all anyways :-D
Looking forward to importing to BG2 (and BG3, Beamdog/Overhaul???)
User interface is a nightmare
I literally have spent two hours no joke, trying to complete the tutorial. I keep losing the left sidebar, which is necessary to complete it. I finally quit making characters each time I force quit and had to start over. I've restarted 7 times. Add to that, there are no visual guides at each learning prompt. Horrible. Completely frustrating interface. I have no idea what button is the "cast" button and the character keeps voicing "you haven't cast a spell yet". A total waste of ten dollars. If it was FREE I would still give it zero stars if I could. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. I am so disappointed in this lazy port. Forget targeting and attacking. I clicked for five minutes trying to cast spells in the tutorial on Belt, only to find I had killed my own main character and was rewarded with "you must restart". At this point I deleted the app for fear of smashing my iPhone against the wall.
I WANT A REFUND! It took so long to get ALMOST through the tutorial that I can't even return it. This app should be removed.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 09, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.81 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © 2012 Overhaul Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dorn Il-Khan$2.99
- Portrait Pack One$1.99
- Voice Pack One$1.99