Screenshot Journal is the ideal tool for archiving, organizing, and inspecting iOS screenshots.
• Archive: Screenshots are copied to Screenshot Journal.
• Organize: Tags let you organize your screenshots in any way you want.
• Inspect: Pixel perfect zooming lets you inspect screenshots at up to 3200% without blurring.
"Screenshot Journal is an app that celebrates and respects UI design." - Neven Mrgan
“Overall, this app looks great and will be very useful for people dealing with a lot of screenshots or UI designers and developers who have tons of screenshots in their camera rolls.” - Beautiful Pixels
“Great idea.” - Daring Fireball
* Send screenshots to Screenshot Journal from other apps.
* URL scheme for opening Screenshot Journal directly to specific tags screenshotjournal://tagname
* Swipe between screenshots.
* Tap and hold to copy screenshot.
* Scans for and automatically imports only your screenshots.
* Favorite screenshots that you want to reference over and over again.
* View your screenshot collection grouped by month.
* Overlay a Grid that helps define pixels, and measure elements.
* Send your screenshots over Twitter, email, and clipboard.
* Send screenshots to other apps, which include Dropbox and Evernote, via "Open With...".
* Manual import for any image available on the device.
Follow us on Twitter: @screenshotsapp
• Much faster screenshot imports.
Ratings and Reviews
I dislike screenshots in my Camera Roll. This app let's me remove them from the Camera Roll, gives me a screenshot only collection view sorted by device, and lets me back them all up to Dropbox.
Developer Response ,
Needs folders, otherwise great app!
I use screen shots so frequently, and for such a broad range of purposes that is not uncommon for me to have more screen shots than photos on my camera roll.
Until now, sorting through them one by one, deleting the ones I didn't need and exporting the ones I wanted to save was a huge hassle no matter how I went about it.
This is the kind of app I like to see; one that addresses these small inconveniences that, added together, end up needlessly wasting so much of our time.
I agree with other reviewers that features like cloud storage or dropbox sync would be extremely helpful, and adding an organizational systems such as folders is an absolute must. I notice some crashing/stability issues when I'm trying to scroll quickly through large numbers of images in thumbnail view,
As it stands, I've already recommended this app to at least a dozen people. If the suggested features were incorporated ScreenShot Journal would be one on my most used apps. Genius.
Smart move developers
I like to take screenshots when I am browsing online and want to save a snapshot or passage of text for easy access later. And I especially like to take screenshots when I am doing a bit of online shopping. I knew that I had a lot of screenshots, but I had no idea that I had 211 until I downloaded this app. It imported and organized all my screenshots by date (automatically I might add). Trying to go through all my pictures and sorting them would have been a real chore, but this app did all the heavy lifting. The way the screenshots are displayed is just beautiful. Found this little app on App Advice because it was one of their free apps for the day. I don't know how much it actually costs, but I have never heard of or seen anything like this. It is one of the most useful apps that I have ever had. Pleasantly surprised.
- UIForge LLC
- 12.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © UI Forge LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Tagging $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.