Trainerize is an online personal training platform that empowers fitness professionals and studios to better connect to their clients when training them online or in-person.
By combining both a trainer and client side experience, Trainerize allows fitness professionals to stay connected with their clients and manage their coaching business from their smartphones anytime, anywhere.
At the same time, Trainerize helps clients achieve their fitness goals by keeping them engaged with their trainers. Trainers help clients stay committed to their program through customized and comprehensive training plans and progress reports.
WHO CAN USE THE APP
Both fitness professionals and clients can use the app, however fitness professionals need an account to enable clients access to the app. Clients can only use the app if they are working with a trainer that uses Trainerize.
FEATURES FOR FITNESS PROFESSIONALS
- Build and deliver customized training plans built from workouts containing exercise pictures/videos for online and in-person fitness training
- Look up client training plans and progress stats, manage workout calendars, check clients in for workouts, and track current workouts
- Deliver meal plans or get access to professional meal planning tools right in the app
- Keep a full client contact list database and train them in-person at anytime
- Edit client workouts on the fly
- Add full client body stats including caliper body fat measurements
- Upload client progress photos
- Add new clients from the mobile app
- Message clients in real-time
- Connect to add-ons to extend your business and services (eg. MindBody Online, Evolution Nutrition, YouTube, PayPal, Skype, Facebook, Twitter)
FEATURES FOR CLIENTS:
- Access training plans, follow and check-in to workouts
- Schedule workouts and stay committed by beating your personal best
- Access meal plans if your coach sets them up
- Message your coach in real-time
- Track body stats and take progress photos
- Review past progress stats and graphs
- Set push notification reminders on days with scheduled workouts
- Connect to Withings devices to sync body stats instantly
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app is a companion app for businesses that use Trainerize. An online account is required. If you're a client, ask your trainer for your account details so you can login to this app. For more information visit our website.
Thanks for using Trainerize!
We’re always making improvements to our app. Every upgrade includes back-end upgrades to make your Trainerize experience even better. As new features become available, we’ll let you know through the app or via email.
To make sure you’re on the latest and greatest version and to enjoy the most recent performance upgrades, keep your automatic updates turned on.
Ratings and Reviews
The app doesn’t crash, but the user interface is poor. Instead of easy to understand Start/Pause/Stop buttons, it has buttons labeled Check In and Track. They both end the workout unexpectedly. For example, if you try to watch a trainer video when you’re on the Track screen, the workout ends. You never get a confirmation screen of whether you want a workout to end.
You can edit the labels on the workout items, but the edits don’t stay saved. And you can make the edits only when a workout is in progress, not in advance. Same goes for rearranging the order.
It seems the developers didn’t research standard software conventions or look at well-made apps before creating this one.
Freezes your entire phone
The worst workout app I’ve ever used. I’ve hesitated writing a review for a year because I (wrongly) assumed it would be fixed considering so many coaches use it but it only get MORE AWFUL. Now, whenever the app is open, it freezes my entire phone. I’ve resulted to writing down the workout from my coach (which is given to me through the app) in my notes and filling it in later when I have more time to wait 1 minute between entering numbers for my phone to unfreeze. It makes me want to pull my hair out and throw my phone against a wall. THE WORST. Every time I see an update I’m hopeful it will be fixed even just a LITTLE but it’s only deteriorating. Avoid this app at all costs.
Developer Response ,
Hey, Trace! We are sorry you are experiencing issues with the app! It should definitely not be crashing or freezing your phone as you've described. Can you send an email to email@example.com? One of our coaches will be happy to troubleshoot these issues for you and get you back up and running!
- Team Trainerize
Only downside is a massive glitch
I want to preface this review with this: I love this app!!!!!!
The massive problem though is I’ve had to re-download this 5 times now because often times when I open it, even if I just had it open, it will be just a blank white screen and load nothing. It has happened 5 times now and that is the only thing that makes this a 4/5 app, not 5/5. Just frustrating to be in the middle of a workout and you need to take 5 minutes to re-download:(
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.