Trainerize is an online personal training platform that empowers fitness professionals and studios to better connect to their clients when training them online or in-person.
By combining both a trainer and client side experience, Trainerize allows fitness professionals to stay connected with their clients and manage their coaching business from their smartphones anytime, anywhere.
At the same time, Trainerize helps clients achieve their fitness goals by keeping them engaged with their trainers. Trainers help clients stay committed to their program through customized and comprehensive training plans and progress reports.
WHO CAN USE THE APP
Both fitness professionals and clients can use the app, however fitness professionals need an account to enable clients access to the app. Clients can only use the app if they are working with a trainer that uses Trainerize.
FEATURES FOR FITNESS PROFESSIONALS
- Build and deliver customized training plans built from workouts containing exercise pictures/videos for online and in-person fitness training
- Look up client training plans and progress stats, manage workout calendars, check clients in for workouts, and track current workouts
- Deliver meal plans or get access to professional meal planning tools right in the app
- Keep a full client contact list database and train them in-person at anytime
- Edit client workouts on the fly
- Add full client body stats including caliper body fat measurements
- Upload client progress photos
- Add new clients from the mobile app
- Message clients in real-time
- Connect to add-ons to extend your business and services (eg. MindBody Online, Evolution Nutrition, YouTube, PayPal, Skype, Facebook, Twitter)
FEATURES FOR CLIENTS:
- Access training plans, follow and check-in to workouts
- Schedule workouts and stay committed by beating your personal best
- Access meal plans if your coach sets them up
- Message your coach in real-time
- Track body stats and take progress photos
- Review past progress stats and graphs
- Set push notification reminders on days with scheduled workouts
- Connect to Withings devices to sync body stats instantly
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app is a companion app for businesses that use Trainerize. An online account is required. If you're a client, ask your trainer for your account details so you can login to this app. For more information visit our website.
This release is all about building workouts, your way.
A MORE POWERFUL WAY TO BUILD WORKOUTS
Build workouts your way with a redesigned interface including new in-line rest periods and an option for target heart rates on cardio workouts.
A REDESIGNED EXERCISE LIBRARY
Now you can find exercises in a snap thanks to an improved search algorithm and a more powerful way to manage your custom exercises.
FIXED: CLIENT ACTIVITY TIMESTAMPS
We’ve corrected an issue with the client’s last activity timestamp. Now you can quickly see when a client was last active in the app.
We made some back-end improvements to bring you an even better app experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Only downside is a massive glitch
I want to preface this review with this: I love this app!!!!!!
The massive problem though is I’ve had to re-download this 5 times now because often times when I open it, even if I just had it open, it will be just a blank white screen and load nothing. It has happened 5 times now and that is the only thing that makes this a 4/5 app, not 5/5. Just frustrating to be in the middle of a workout and you need to take 5 minutes to re-download:(
Great App for REAL Trainers!
This app is awesome. It has allowed me to have more freedom in my career of personal training. I use it for my in person clients AND my online clients. Every client I sign up is super impressed with the app (I have to explain to them that unfortunately it is not MY app)... Not only is the app super inclusive, but super easy to use as well. I have older clients who aren't as technologically savvy and they still find it easy to use.
Better than the app itself is the customer service. I don't EVER write reviews. And when they asked me to I felt morally obligated. You ask a question to the chat and they always get back to you right away. More than that, they take our feedback and make the app better almost every month it seems like! I've been using it for 2 years now and the upgrades keep getting better. It's technology and everything technology has it's issues which is when customer service becomes so important.
Solid Foundation. Room for improvement
* Wide range of exercises already in their library for creating client routines.
* Easy to navigate design
* Great for tracking as a trainer during the workout. Even has a rest timer built into it.
* Library of exercises is only in alphabetical order with no way to sort except to search for the name of the exercise. I'd recommend breaking the exercises down based on body part as the part will be universal while the name might not be.
* Pricing structure is ludicrous. The cost per client is somewhat crazy. The amount of data to be held on each client profile on their "server" has to negligible. I'd feel much more comfortable with a flat rate pricing that doesn't increase every time my company gets 10 more clients.
I spoke to a representative on the phone and he states they have a nutritional tracker in development which is great IMO, however it needs to be implemented properly. Don't try to be the next MyFitnessPal. If you can sync this with MyFitnessPal or get access to the directories of entry of food items that MFP has that would also be great.
Overall a great app to supplement personal training. Online training would also be extremely streamlined if this was used.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.