You Doodle - draw on photos and add text with this full art studio editor
By Digital Ruby, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You Doodle - downloaded and loved by over 5 million artists worldwide.
You Doodle is widely considered to be one of the best photo editors on iOS for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You Doodle contains the features of dozens of other photo editors combined, and is the fastest and easiest way to draw on pictures for iOS. Create amazing pics and share to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and be the envy of all your friends.
You Doodle is a full featured art studio and here are some of the features:
- Many draw tools: brush, air-brush, shape and 3D brush, calligraphy pen, eraser, color picker, flood fill (super fast with real-time preview), spray, chalk, recolor (with tolerance), blur, smudge, clone stamp, soft edge, scissors
- Record your drawing for playback as a video
- *iOS 8+* quickly draw and add text with the new photo editor extension
- *iOS 8+* save to your sketchbook from other supported apps
- Supports up to 16 megapixel camera images (4096x4096), depending on device
- Gradient tool
- Turn your art into a T-shirt!
- Many blend modes for brush and fill tool
- Add text to your photos with tons of colors, fonts, outlines, glow, 3D, circular, shine, scaling and rotation
- 3D rotation (X, Y, Z) for text and images with perspective (perspective on iOS 7+ only)
- Pixel perfect rotation and placement of text and photos
- Draw in real-time with nearby You Doodle users (iOS 7+ only), everyone must have the same You Doodle version
- Insert multiple images at a time to create a collage
- Draw on top of the first page of your PDF and Office documents from Dropbox
- Use the blender tool to blend the foreground and background in interesting and fun ways
- Tons of cool stamps with offline support once downloaded
- Post your entire photo on Instagram (with square cropping) and other social networks
- Hundreds of picture frames and collages
- Over 30 amazing filters and effects
- Add shapes like arrows to highlight interesting bits in your photos
- Your own personal sketchbook to save your drawings to your device
- Flip, rotate, crop and filter your photos
- Glow effect for draw tools
- Legend creator for maps and other diagrams
- Simple table / spreadsheet creator
- Mask the background to the foreground and filter the background for some really cool effects
- Add custom fonts from your Dropbox folder (/Apps/YouDoodle/fonts)
- Supports up to 9 megapixel camera images (3072x3072), depending on device
- Adonit Touch and Pogo connect stylus integration
- Share to Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, Sketch Book, Twitter, Tumblr, Dropbox, Weibo, Email, Text Message, Camera Roll, Printer or Copy to Clipboard.
Download now and never need another photo editor app!
You Doodle is created by @jjxtra (Jeff Johnson). I'm just one person and do all the development - please leave a review with feedback, bug reports or feature requests. It really helps. I am constantly updating and improving the app and I listen to feedback and feature requests. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to suggest something or report a bug.
Differences between versions:
Pro - no ads, everything unlocked
Plus - more ads, everything unlocked
Regular - less ads, some in-app purchases
Some features in this version of You Doodle are in-app purchases, but many of the features (shapes, text, etc.) are completely free. Draw tools can be used a number of times for free.
*Developers* - Easily embed You Doodle in your app on iOS 6 and up. Learn more here: http://youdoodle.net/developers
Follow on Instagram: @you_doodle - http://instagram.com/you_doodle)
Follow on Twitter @YouDoodleApp
Like on Facebook - http://facebook.com/youdoodle
Support email - email@example.com
What's New in Version 5.8.5
- Bug squashing
- Fix scissors tool
- Calligraphy tool has a width option
- Background opacity works for text tool
- Line mode works with undo and redo now
- Crash fix
- You can now record your You Doodle as a video! The record button can be found by tapping the toolbox in the bottom right. You may want to keep your video short depending on how much free space you have on your device.
- You can start drawing outside the image and come into the image - useful for getting the edges
- Brush tool has a new line mode option - great for rapidly tracing lines around existing images or drawing free-hand shapes
- Save images to the sketchbook outside the app using the new share extension. Sketchbook shows more images on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
- Resize tool has a list of common image sizes and formats
- Recolor tool opacity can be changed
- Frame tool no longer auto-zooms
- Adding a preference option (top left icon) for keeping the zoom bubble for scissors and other tools anchored to the top left
- Eye dropper tool no longer modifies opacity
- You can draw translucent lines for longer before they flush to your drawing
P.S. If you're enjoying You Doodle, please take a minute to leave a positive review on the App Store. If you've previously left a review, I’d appreciate it if you would repost it as reviews are reset with every update. Thanks for your support!
Experiencing issues? Have comments or suggestions for future updates? Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit You Doodle on Facebook at facebook.com/youdoodle.
You Doodle is made by Jeff Johnson (@jjxtra). I’m just one guy and do everything but I listen to feedback and suggestions and appreciate your help in supporting my family.
Paid for features, features taken away (fixed)
Edit: I emailed you doodle support and was pointed to the correct way of getting back the upgraded features (Settings>Restore Purchasws). My faith in this app has been restored and would happily recommend everyone pay to upgrade!
DON'T PAY TO UPGRADE. I paid to be upgraded to the pro version since I use the app a decent amount and enjoy it. I've noticed now that the features I PAID for aren't available to me anymore and it's asking that I pay again. That's a very questionable (and unethical) practice. If you're going to make purchases temporary, at least make it clear beforehand. They keep my money and I get nothing to show for it.
BEST DRAWING APP EVER!
This is quite possibly the best drawing app I've ever seen. It has easy to use tools that may take a minute or two to understand exactly what they do and how to use them but once you do you can do amazing things! I don't want this to seem like a fake review or something but I really just can't find anything wrong with this app. It hasn't crashed (for me) and there aren't too many adds. So basically I'm just saying that this is, in my opinion, the best drawing app out there.
My Favorite Place To Draw
I love this app! I have drawn some of my best art ever on this app. The zoom is great, and ignore anyone who tells you it's just for doodling. I have drawn amazing pictures of all sorts of animals (I only draw animals I'm obsessed) and the smudge and blur tool is great for blending together fur and eyes. I only wish it had a shading tool, then it would be the best app I've ever owned. But it is still a great place to doodle and draw.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 14, 2015
- Version: 5.8.5
- Size: 44.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Digital Ruby, LLC
- © (c) 2012 Digital Ruby, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Version - Special Offer$2.99
- Pro Version - Amazing Savings!$3.99
- Draw Tools Pack$0.99
- Stamp Pack$0.99
- Picture Frame Pack$0.99
- Remove Ads$0.99
- Filter PackFree
- Font Pack$0.99
- Backgrounds and Textures Pack$0.99