National Parks by National Geographic
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
National Geographic presents a beautiful, award-winning interactive guide to 25 of America's most visited national parks. Included free are photo galleries, visitor information, and maps. Purchase the full guides for an even richer experience—and explore the national parks like never before.
Whether you are seeking inspiration and planning your next trip or you’re looking for the ultimate in utility, National Geographic has everything you need to explore twenty-five of the most-visited U.S. national parks at your fingertips. Watch for updates as we continue to add more parks!
Acadia • Arches • Badlands • Big Bend • Bryce Canyon • Canyonlands • Crater Lake • Death Valley • Denali • Everglades • Glacier • Glacier Bay • Grand Canyon • Grand Teton • Great Smoky Mountains • Haleakalā • Hawai'i Volcanoes • Hot Springs • Joshua Tree • Mount Rainier • Olympic • Rocky Mountain • Sequoia and Kings Canyon • Shenandoah • Yellowstone • Yosemite • Zion
Each park guide has all the information you’ll need to know before you go (or get while you’re there!): local time, weather, how to get there, when to go, where to camp or stay, what to do, what to see, and so much more. Plus, each park guide comes with a custom-designed stamp—collect one at each park you visit.
National Geographic is known for its photography, and this app is no different. Explore the parks—from Joshua Tree to the Everglades, from Acadia to Zion—through spectacular images and never-before-seen vintage shots. Plus, learn how to re-create the best photos from the experts: National Geographic photographers.
• Global and interactive map views with filtering by activity and seasonality
• Personalized user space to track your favorite parks, activities, itineraries, photos, and more
• Thousands of points of interest, all tagged with GPS coordinates for easy planning and locating
• The top must-sees and must-dos for each park, curated by National Geographic editors
• Stunning photo galleries for each park, plus rare vintage images from the National Geographic Archive
• Photo tips from National Geographic photographers
• Sharing through Facebook, email, and Twitter
• Collectible park stamps
• And much, much more!
- Apple Design Award Winner, iPhone Developer Showcase
- iPad Editor's Choice
- iPhone App of the Week
- W3 Awards - Best in Show 2012
- Webby Awards Honoree - Best Visual Design
- 2 time BestAppEver Award Winner
"...the best national parks app for the United States is the free National Parks by National Geographic guide..." —New York Times
"Here is an iPhone app that Teddy Roosevelt and Ansel Adams might love." —Macworld
"And, in true NatGeo fashion, it’s the photos—professional, archival and user-generated—that make the app." —NBCNews.com
"All in all ... I can say that this is one of the most inspiring, useful and consistent iPhone apps I’d seen in a while..." — Macstories.com
**v1.2.2 enabled iCloud synching of your Park Guide purchases. Please ensure that you have enabled iCloud and have turned on Documents & Data on all of your devices that are synched with the same Apple ID.
**Please Note: this app requires an initial network (cellular or wifi) connection to access content.
**Please note: this app is not a replacement for nor related to the Park Maps HD app.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
- Addressed an issue prevented tapping a park guide on the right side of the screen.
- Fixed the orientation issue that occurred in rare instances on some iPads.
Enjoying NatGeo National Parks? Please support our app by leaving a review on the App Store. As always, feel free to contact us at email@example.com with suggestions.
Planned ten day solo camping trip to Big Bend with this app
Best app on my ipad.
It helped me plan a ten day solo excursion camping trip for my first trip to Big Bend. It would be better if there were more pictures but what it has is amazing. I never would have known what to see without it.
What a delightful change from news full of murder and violence. The magnificent photos bring me peace.
Maybe its me....
but I'm not impressed. For Shenandoah, I cannot find any trails, or even the park boundary on the map. Indeed, there is no map--only an aerial photograph. There's just not much here.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 09, 2015
- Version: 1.6.1
- Size: 94.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- set of all available park guides$13.99
- Yellowstone Guide$1.99
- Yosemite Guide$1.99
- Grand Canyon Guide$1.99
- Zion Guide$1.99
- Glacier Guide$1.99
- Grand Teton Guide$1.99
- Rocky Mountain Guide$1.99
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon Guide$1.99
- Great Smoky Mountains Guide$1.99