By Majic Jungle Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)
"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)
Night is falling and your blockhead is freezing.
You haven't yet made shelter and your campfire has gone out.
All you have is a spade, some wood and a few sticks.
You have only minutes before exhaustion hits.
Do you create a bed, dig a cave or refuel your fire?
What will you do?
Explore, mine, craft and build in this giant and detailed sandbox game. Navigate huge simulated worlds thousands of blocks wide with a full temperature and climate system, seasons, an equator, and frozen poles. Explore complex cave systems and flowing water, and survive deserts and snowy mountain tops. Build, farm, find & craft your way to advanced technology including shops, steam trains, electricity, and more!
Play alone, or with your friends, with local or online multiplayer.
• Control your blockheads in a vast randomly generated world with oceans, mountains, forests, deserts and deep underground caves.
• Keep an eye on their needs - give them sleep, feed them, create clothing and shelter - and they'll be happier, quicker and more productive.
• Craft tools with the resources they find, and they'll be able to work even faster and find more resources.
• Upgrade workbenches and unlock more advanced items to craft.
• Discover precious stones and metals deep underground, or rare plants and animals on the surface.
• Wire your house up with solar powered electricity and cook a fish curry on your electric stove.
• Craft a boat and navigate the oceans using the accurate night sky to guide you.
• Craft swords, armor, and a bow & arrows, and take on a cave troll.
• Make fur clothing and venture to the North Pole.
• Lay rail and go for a ride on a steam locomotive.
• Pick coconuts at a tropical beach.
• Cook meat at a campfire.
• Build a marble palace.
• Paint the walls.
• Plant an orchard.
• Ride a donkey!
What's New in Version 1.4
Huge TRAINS & TECHNOLOGY update! New steam trains and handcars can zip around on vast rail networks. New copper wiring and electric workbenches and generators give you faster methods of crafting that use less fuel, and unlock new items. See the world through new eyes, with the beautiful new HD textures available for purchase. The new cave troll is a formidable enemy found deep in caves, but the new bow & arrow and tin and iron armor will help your cause. And the new magical portal chests let you transport items instantly across the world, or even take items between worlds! Plus much, much more!
- Adds amazing new steel RAIL & TRAINS!
- Adds electricity, with copper wiring, steam and solar powered generators, flywheels to store energy and more!
- New bow & arrows for ranged attacks
- New tin and iron armor, which will help protect you against the new cave trolls… and...
- Each other! It is now possible for blockheads to harm other players' blockheads in multiplayer.
- Build rail ramps and jumps and launch your blockheads off cliffs on their speedy rail handcars!
- New HD textures let you see your worlds like you've never seen them before.
- New portal chests allow you to transport items instantly within and even between worlds
- Transport items on steam powered cargo trains over long distances between train stations.
- Take all of your blockheads for a ride together with other players in a train of passenger cars.
- New electric furnaces, kilns and metalwork benches which unlock new items to craft, use less fuel, and are 50% faster
- Adds an electric stove to cook more advanced meals which keep your blockheads full for longer.
- Adds silicon, black sand, black glass and magnets, and display cabinets which are like shelves, but other players can't get in and steal your stuff.
- Craft pig iron to get more iron ingots from ore.
- Find new Ice torches and ice armor with a cooling effect to protect against heat.
- You can now warp in up to 5 blockheads!
- Newly placed beds, signs, chests, shelves, trains and workbenches are now owned by whoever placed them, and cannot be picked up or directly removed by other players. They also no longer despawn.
- New server command to reset the owner of a username
- Banning users now also black lists their device, so they cannot reconnect with a different username and IP
- Water freezing and melting no longer causes an increase in water volume
- Added new moderator category to servers that can only list, ban/unban, kick, and whitelist/unwhitelist other players.
- Admins and hosts can now pick up and use all items regardless of who the owner is. Placing any picked up item re-assigns ownership to the host/admin. Dropping any item removes all ownership.
- It is now possible to hang workbenches and chests on back walls and stack them above each other
- Removed ability to purchase ore/coal/oil/ingots from portals, it was a bit too much like cheating.
- Fixes a bug where all blockheads could occasionally instantly lose all health (the heart attack bug)
- Fixes issues with pathfinding, including falls when digging ceilings or removing ladders, and queued actions getting canceled when they shouldn't be.
- Fixes issue allowing people to log in as someone else on iOS 7, or when they were marked (AWAY)
- Kicked/Banned players' blockheads are now removed from the world instantly.
- Now only one username can be active on a given server from a given device at one time.
- Fixes issues where items could get lost or duplicated when exiting the game.
- Numerous changes to tech tree and where things are crafted, with some new upgrades.
- Added buttons to use the current item/eat/wear/take photo etc. next to the inventory as well as above the blockhead.
- Many performance optimizations
- Fixed long standing bug where chili and corn plants couldn't have just the fruit harvested by harvesting top square.
This is the best game I have on my device. I check on my Blockhead nearly 24/7. I love all the new updates coming to me, but I have tips: we should be able to customize our donkeys or horses (like change their color),make glasses,belts,sneakers etc. for our Blockhead. You know, stuff to make us look nicer. Also mobs and tougher enemies, like dragons,skeletons,zombies. And I've had 2 donkeys, but both of them died because I accidentally tapped them a lot. There should be a lock or something for animals you don't want to kill. And we really need locks like a passcode for a world because my cousin deleted my most awesomest world ever that was a beach house made out of glass. I really want volcanos and and a lot more animals like pigs(life wouldn't be life without pigs), cow, sheep, giraffe, bunny, and more. Also could we have health packs or something like that once we die? Everyone needs those if they are outside next to a tree in the nighttime.(I'm pointing at you gorilla) If you do this, I promise you everyone will love this. Thank you for making this game. Though my ideas would make it better. Plus I warped in a new Blockhead, because it was so tempting, but I regret doing that. Could you please make a delete button for extras? Right now, I'm trying not to feed it or sleep it so it leaves me. Lol. Please keep it up with the updates. I love The Blockheads!!! 😄😃😀😊☺😉😍
This game is so fun. You don't have to buy much of anything. Things you can buy (you don't have to) are craft twice as fast and time crystals. I'm not saying it's not fun, but Minecraft is a little bit boring compared to this game. In this, you can build electronics like stoves, furnaces, etc. and it is like real life where it takes a while to craft things. Not like in minecraft where it's instant. When you fall, you don't take in much fall damage, and you can climb. So you better get this game if you love minecraft.
I have recommendations also. When you are out of the app and you tell your blockhead to do something, it should give a notification when they are done or if they are too tired to work. Also, you should be able to upgrade any workbench with time crystals if you don't have the stuff you need or if you can't find them. Another one should be where you can delete a blockhead if you need to or give a warning before we create a blockhead. You should also add steel, gold, and diamond armor. Please add these.
You make coffee with roasted coffee beans and then you need an electric stove to roast coffee
WHOEVER SAID IT WOULD BE BETTER IF WE DIE AND LOSE ALL OUR STUFF, YOU ARE WRONG. THERE ARE SOME TOUGH CREATURES IN MY WORLD LIKE CAVE TROLLS. SO YOU ARE DEFINETLY WRONG!!!!!!
I have a trick glitch to so just say the word if you want to know! 😀
I like trains
The only problem is that stuff from portals are not cheating.
There should be a creative mode where you go 15x speed and mine everything in a single tap
And have all the possible items in my inventory
Add enchanting tables from portals so the tools get better. use time crystals to enchant them.
Enchantments: fortune gives a better chance from mining stone
Unbreakable is stopping tools from breaking
Speed is mining things faster
Add TNT crafted with oil and wood. Use ember to light it.
The silicon things and pig iron is from only electric furnaces.
Electric furnaces, kilns, stoves, and metalwork benches need electricity from steam generators or solar panels connected from copper wires.
You need an electric stove to craft coffee.
Solar panels are most effective next to flywheels.
Keep mining. Mine lots of copper, tin, iron, gold, and coal.
mine time crystals if you are desperate for iron or any of the ores.
Look for diamonds. Rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and amethysts.
Try to craft trains before you start a long journey.
I finished the journey before this update.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 10, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 54.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Frampton
- © 2013 Majic Jungle Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Age Of Time Crystals$0.99
- HD Texture Pack$2.99
- Epoch Of Time Crystals$4.99
- Era Of Time Crystals$9.99
- Eon Of Time Crystals$24.99