Battle of the Bulge
By Shenandoah Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade
Battle of the Bulge invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.
Key features include:
• Play against AI opponents with unique personalities
• Play against friends online through Game Center or on one device with Pass and Play.
• Fast turns, deep strategy
• Play scenarios like the quick, tense, fight in the opening days to a campaign covering the entire battle as either the Axis or the Allies
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules, charts, tables and other information included for advanced players
• Extensive historical photos and commentary
• Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
• Localized for Spanish and Japanese
• Retina support
• First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman
Praise for Battle of the Bulge:
“It’s completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format...” — No High Scores
“Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. It’s deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, it’s beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you don’t need a tutorial to learn the interface. If you’re at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If you’re not, give this one a try, anyway.” — MobileTechReview
“A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for.” — TouchArcade
“In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I haven’t seen a better game…” — TUAW
“…a game of considerable majesty awaits you…” — Gamezebo
“Easily the most educational game I’ve ever played.” — Eurogamer
"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK
What's New in Version 2.16
- Map does not keep scrolling to the upper right corner if there is another controller attached.
- AI no longer attempts to move units to areas that are out of reach
- AI / Replay now focuses on each activated unit.
- Units that exit the map are not used by the AI.
- Fixed Replacements phase where you were being stuck with No Replacements to add.
- Units are no longer able to retreat off-map.
- Wrong borderline colors between Hingeon - Namur, Ohey - Fosse fixed.
- Multiplayer desynchronization during Axis Fuel Shortage phase fixed.
- Breakthrough bug where some armored units failed to finish their activation accordingly fixed.
- Breakthrough / No Units left to make a move: Confirm Commit message should no longer popup.
- Fixes to prevent AI freezes.
- Replacements interface also shows during Replacements phase now.
- British units movement bug fixed.
- Tutorial input on map ignored if daily briefing or calendar are shown.
- Paper buttons from Victory Screen / Basics screen should always show as intended now.
- AI strategy changes.
- Improved touches / clicks on buttons.
- Improved overall performance and framerate.
- Map scrolling improved.
- Combat Hits Taken Labels animation bug fixed.
- Isolated Units no longer lose strength overnight if the tile is not contested.
- Isolated Units now benefit 1 hit reduction at most.
- Retreat Rules reworked.
- Replacements interface swaps correctly with the time and date interface from the Undo Panel.
- You can no longer exit the map using strategic movement, after exiting once already.
- Help / History looks better.
- Video is now being played before entering Main Menu Scene.
- Main Menu/Game UI updated for iPhone devices.
- Sounds can be reenabled in Main Menu on iPhone
- Coming back from a multiplayer game will now refresh the games list accordingly.
Everything's OK again
The last update fixed the impermissible lag, and the game functions just as amazingly as it did before.
iPad 3, latest iOS as of this post.
Thorough Game, Awful Customer Support
Have tried to reach customer support several times to no avail. Game is well designed.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 27, 2015
- Version: 2.16
- Size: 332 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shenandoah Studio LLC
- © 2012-2013 Shenandoah Studio, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Endgame$3.99
- Von Manteuffel$1.99
- Designer’s Guide$2.99