By Cyan Worlds
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
realMYST for iPad - This is not your father’s Myst. Experience Myst in a way that’s closer to real than you’ve ever imagined - in realtime 3D and up close and personal on your iPad 2 or newer. You've got to experience it to believe it!
Here are a few comments from realMyst purchasers...
"Best game on iPad" ★★★★★
"Get this game!!!!!!!!!!" ★★★★★
"Phenomenal Graphics" ★★★★★
"Great Game!" ★★★★★
"GREAT APP!!" ★★★★★
"Best ipad game ever!" ★★★★★
"Amazing game!" ★★★★★
"Better than the original" ★★★★★
"iPad was made for realMyst" ★★★★★
realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real. You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in realtime! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Look lazily upward into the Channelwood Age trees. Relax next to the rippling fountain as the sun sets in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.
And what could possibly make that experience even more real? Now you can have all of that on your iPad* with nothing between you and Myst but the touch of your finger - the sheerest of interfaces between you and the surrealistic island adventure that will become your world.
• realMyst is for the iPad 2 and the new iPad
• All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
• Full Myst gameplay and interaction
• Dynamic environments - rippling water, falling rain, waving trees
• Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
• Simple navigation - touch and hold to move, swipe to turn
• Advanced navigation - run, move backward, invert look, & more
• “Interaction Guides” demonstrate how to interact with objects
• Full Retina Display support on the new iPad
• "Bookmark" feature to save & restore progress
• Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off
• realMyst Hint Guide - get past that one puzzle that's got you stumped
** iOS REQUIREMENTS: iOS 5 or better is highly recommended. If you play realMyst on iOS 4 you may experience some sound and movie issues.
** realMyst for iPad has massive amounts of detailed 3D environments. Loading (while linking to the various Ages) can take longer on slower devices.
What's New in Version 1.0.15
We've cleaned up lots of stuff in realMyst. Here's what we did to make it better than ever...
- Updated Sirrus and Achenar book behavior
- Fixed generator room door button issue
- Worked on the Mechanical Age elevator
- Cleaned up the Channelwood Age elevators
- Fixed fall-through condition in Mechanical Fortress stairs
- Fixed Selenitic Maze auto-save corruption if quitting in Maze
- Cleaned up endgame state when returning to D'ni after finishing
- Fixed the generator room when saving while changing
- Fixed the crystal solution as provided in Rime journal
- Cleaned up interaction with a ladder while engaged in a puzzle
- and bunches of other smaller bug fixes and clean up
Awesome reboot to an awesome classic
This is every bit the game I remember only better. I don't know why people are complaining about the controls. There is only so many ways to make a game playable on an iPad and I think it only does this game a justice by making it fps, perhaps they are purists and want the original click and move from a still scene to another still scene. Having it a fully explorable 3d experience only adds to the awesome game that I remember from back in the day. It took all of a 2 minute learning curve to orient myself with the controls.
My only criticism was the initial load times of the game on my iPad mini, which is probably moot compared to the original PC version. It's not the instant start up that everyone is used to in an iOS game but thats a minor issue of an awesome reboot to a game I loved so much. And I'm not sure why the complaints about it not working on the iPad mini, I downloaded, played and finished the entire game with no problems. It works fine on my mini.
Worth every penny!!!
and I think I paid more for the original PC version
Of course it's great; it's flippin MYST
I have been a huge fan of this game since I played it on a Mac LC way back when I was ten. I bought RealMyst when it first came out like ten years ago too. I am a little sad that the time of day no longer changes on the ages in this version; if you could add that feature back I would love you forever. However, it still looks absolutely stunning.
Anyway, this game is great. If you are an old guy like me, you remember it and already know how great it is. If you have never played it, play it.
If you play this game and don't think it's great, then you are a communist who hates freedom. Go back to pwnzing other philistines on Halo.
I must have Myst the point.
Although this game is visually stunning, and has many other redeeming qualities, I honestly just didn't get it. I kept expecting that everything would start making sense as I moved further through the game, but it never did.
And I took the time to read all the books in the library and everything, but I still never got the point of the whole thing. Why was I doing all of this? What was the goal?
Plus, half of the game was a complete mystery as far as what to do next, and I had to keep referring to a walkthrough. And doing that took a lot of the fun out of it, but if I didn't, I never would have figured out what I was supposed to do.
I guess I just heard so much about this game, that it couldn't have lived up to expectations.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 21, 2013
- Version: 1.0.15
- Size: 629 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cyan Worlds, Inc
- Copyright © 2012 by Cyan Worlds. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular.