The Standard Bank app gives you full visibility of your accounts and total control over your money. It’s secure, simple and fast!
Simple day-to-day banking
• Easy payments and transfers
• Buy airtime, data, SMS bundles and electricity
• Send cash vouchers to anyone with a cellphone
• Low-fuss international payments
Take control of your money
• Open savings and investment accounts online
• Edit your payment limits, stop cards, or order a new one
• Get stamped statements, bank letters and tax certificates
• Submit and track building insurance claims
Everything in one place
• Single view of all your Standard Bank accounts
• Manage your vehicle and home loans
• Get vehicle loan pre-approval
• Link your accounts to your share trading profile
Safer, smarter banking
• Stay secure by signing in with your fingerprint, Face ID or app code
You’ll need some data to download the app for the first time, but data charges no longer apply when using the SA app itself. If you have a connection, you can do your banking!
Transactional features are available to Standard Bank accounts held in South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland and Namibia. Keep in mind that some types of payments include transaction fees.
Note that some features may not be available in your region.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited is a licensed financial services provider in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act; and is a registered credit provider in terms of the National Credit Act, registration number NCRCP15.
Stanbic Bank Botswana Limited is a Company (registration number: 1991/1343) incorporated in the Republic of Botswana and a registered commercial bank. Namibia: Standard Bank is a licensed banking institution in terms of the Banking Institutions Act, registration number 78/01799. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is regulated by the Bank of Uganda.
Implemented new security enhancements, including stronger authentication when signing in
Send your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but has annoying flaws
This app is great and does exactly what I need it to do, except the transaction history is not accurate and not in time order. For example, I made a few purchases on June 30th, which reflected on my transaction history. Then 3 days later I made another purchase at a different shop which reflected but the previous purchases are being shown as more recent and their date seems to have changed too. I’ve noticed this has been happening on my online banking statements for the last 4 or 5 months but it was never a problem before then. Also when I tried to report this problem using the app it wouldn’t allow me to.
Fixed sign-in issues from previous version
Happy that they quickly fixed the issues that came about from the last version.
Great new version from the Standard
Happy to have new iPad universal app, so same features as in phone. Good to see all my iOS 11 issues resolved.
- The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited
- 136.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.