Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the DNA of the music in your collection! Scan your personal Apple Music, Spotify or iTunes library for samples, covers and remixes, and explore WhoSampled's entire universe of deep musical knowledge.
- Selected by Apple as APP STORE BEST OF YEAR
- The Telegraph's BEST MUSIC APP OF THE YEAR
- Music Ally Digital Music Awards - BEST MUSIC APP
- Listed as one of the best apps in the world by The Next Web, The Sunday Times,The Independent and more
Where was this song sampled? Who covered my favorite artists? What remixes were made for this track? WhoSampled knows! WhoSampled is the music DNA discovery app that lets you explore the music connections in your music collection. Access the world’s largest database of sample-based music, cover songs and remixes, and discover who your favorite artists have sampled, or whether your favorite songs have been covered or remixed! It’s an essential music discovery tool for anyone into Hip-Hop, Electronic/Dance music, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Funk, Soul, Reggae, Classical or any other genre.
- Go on a journey of musical discovery built around your own music collection. Scan your Apple Music, Spotify or iTunes music library and discover amazing connections for the songs in it
- Easy access to the world’s largest and richest database of music DNA, with over 400,000 tracks, 140,000 artists and continuous daily additions. Search for any artist or track even if it is not in your music library
- Beautiful, ad-free, clean interface. Simple and intuitive navigation makes music exploration easy
- Compare tracks side-by-side and listen to full‐length tracks, streamed through YouTube (where available), Apple Music (if you are a subscriber) or Spotify (Spotify Premium accounts only). Please note that your iPhone must not be on silent/vibrate mode in order for audio to play
- “Now Playing” feature – switch from your music player to WhoSampled to discover all the musical connections for the song you’re listening to right now (Apple Music and iTunes only)
- Highly detailed information on any sample (sample timing, sample type, part sampled) lets you pinpoint where the sample was used and compare it with the original
- Share your amazing finds with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers
- Deep and unique music charts that show you trending and top rated content as well as the all-time most influential artists and tracks
- Engage with the WhoSampled community from within the app; comment on and rate any entry in the WhoSampled database
- A host of other features and functionality including links to buy tracks from iTunes, personal favorites list plus contextual recommendations from every sample, cover and remix
Dig deeper into the music you love. Dig into the WhoSampled app.
What's New in Version 1.19
Apple Music integration:
- Scan your Apple Music library and playlists
- Stream music from Apple Music within the app
- "Now Playing" function now works with Apple Music as well as iTunes
- Add music you find on the WhoSampled app to your Apple Music playlists
Additionally, the app now has full native support for the larger screen sizes of the iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 7 and 7 Plus.
Very Helpful! No problems thus far.
This is a great tool in the production process. The app loads quickly, preventing the creative flow from being broken in the studio. If I need to know whether or not my sample has already been used, this app allows me to efficiently find that out.
I've used the website for a while now and have noticed that some videos are not available, and that issue does translate to the app as well. But this isn't for all songs, not even the majority. Just happens sometimes. Overall a great app.
It won't pull up the search results when I search
When I try and type an artist or a track, it doesn't pull up anything. I love the app in general but the only problem I have is it's not searching very good. It doesn't bring up the artist or track. If you could fix this, please do so thank you
WhoSampled is indispensable
I appreciate the recent, long awaited app update(s). WhoSampled, the website and also this app, has been an amazing resource to learn about what sounds went into songs I've known for years. The best bonus of the app, for me, is that it scans my personal music library. WhoSampled forever!