FirstCamera - The Camera for Kids
By Tantrum Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FirstCamera is the must-have app for kids who love to take photos. Our 5 year old daughter would always ask to borrow our phones to take pictures. We'd end up with dozens of photos saved to the camera roll, mostly of cats and feet. That's when we decided to build a camera app just for her.
Why kids love FirstCamera:
- Easy, big button to take pictures with a simple interface to view and play with them.
- Make your photos look silly with fun filters and cool colors.
- Color on your photos with 16 colors of paint (erasable paint!).
- Decorate your photos with stickers and speech bubbles.
- Disguise your friends with mustaches, hats and glasses.
Why parents love FirstCamera:
- Photos your kids take are saved to the app, not to your camera roll and photo stream. (You can enable a "save" button in settings if you want to keep your kids' masterpieces to your phone, but it's off by default)
- You can limit the number of photos saved to the app to keep your phone from filling up.
- There's no way for kids to accidentally email/tweet/message/print photos they take, or the photos you have in your Camera Roll.
- The delete button is off by default so kids don't lose their favorite photos by mistake. (You can enable this, and a multi select button, in settings)
- There's no location tagged on photos, ever. Your child's privacy is our highest priority.
We know you and your child are going to love FirstCamera.
What People Are Saying:
"This app has become incredibly popular in our house, and I couldn’t recommend it enough if your kids like taking pictures on your iPhone."
"Last week I deleted 26 pics in a row of little feet in the bottom of a Target cart. Never again!"
- Parents Everywhere
Exactly what I was looking for!
My 4-year-old son loves borrowing my wife's iPhone to take pictures--but he fills up her camera roll with pictures of the cat and the back of his baby sister's head. I appreciate the thoughtful design--the icon even looks like the default camera app but is bright orange, so my son knows the orange camera is his and the silver one is Mommy's.
Even an adult can benefit!
Decent quality, easily understood, and Great Grandma can have piece of mind knowing she can't do anything wrong to loose the pictures! -- Well, unless one counts the fact that she moves the camera while even pushing that "big button," and continues cutting off parts of people's heads.... -- BUT THAT IS NOT a fault of this app!
My 5 year old LOVES this app, she has a blast editing her photos. She really gets a kick out of putting disguises on her baby brother. I love that I can decide whether or not she can save them to my camera roll or have the delete function turned on.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Released: Jun 05, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lawrence Ingraham
- © TantrumApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).